Council in Plymouth allow Motorbikes in Bus lanes

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
davef1uk

Council in Plymouth allow Motorbikes in Bus lanes

Post by davef1uk »

so why not every council??  Same as a thread I made on us using the hard shoulder in congested traffic, why can’t things be standard like speed limits. 

Attachments
7507DF8A-0896-4A22-BEF0-406470E549ED.jpeg
Motorbiking is a life, not a hobby.  Ride with Pride.  😜
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Re: Council in Plymouth allow Motorbikes in Bus lanes

Post by Casbar »

Have asked the same question in Salisbury many times, never had a response, but one bus lane into the city allows motorcycles, the other doesn't
bandytales

Post by bandytales »

Davef1uk wrote: so why not every council??  Same as a thread I made on us using the hard shoulder in congested traffic, why can’t things be standard like speed limits.

I too am bugged and confused by this. I ended up with a £30 fine for using a bus lane in Taunton under the (mistaken) understanding that this was allowed. So unless it signs a motorcycle, you are not allowed to use it. Sad really.
guest4915

Post by guest4915 »

There are two types of bus lane. One designated 'local' and the other not. A designated bus lane is only used by certain buses rather than  buses in general and other classes of vehicles. The use of bus lanes isn't uniform throughout the country and many bus lanes are being reduced anyway as councils reduce routes and park and ride schemes.
davef1uk

Post by davef1uk »

bandytales wrote:
I too am bugged and confused by this. I ended up with a £30 fine for using a bus lane in Taunton under the (mistaken) understanding that this was allowed. So unless it signs a motorcycle, you are not allowed to use it. Sad really.

I see no reason why councils don’t allow.  If some see the light, why can’t all? Don’t councils up and down the country meet and share ideas and plans that help the community and help with congestion? 

Bloody numptys
Motorbiking is a life, not a hobby.  Ride with Pride.  😜