Wilbers WESA suspension

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
guest5374

Wilbers WESA suspension

Post by guest5374 »

Hi Folks
1st post so not sure if i've put this in the correct section but just wanted to let others know my experience.
Just replaced and fitted a set of Wilbers WESA suspension units front and rear to my 2011 R1200RT. Excellent service/communication from Rev's Suspension. Spoke to the guys on the phone re height weight etc requirements and ordered. Took approx 3-4 weeks from order to arriving at my door. Removed and fitted myself as I live in Ireland. All straight forward enough for an amateur!
Only 20K on the bike before change but had aftermarket suspension on other bikes and wanted to see if it made the same positive difference. Found the standard suspension ok but a bit jarring over ruts etc on some of our quality roads in the uk.
Well not sure on first outing but have now put about 1500 miles on them on a run to the south of france and can say they make the bike feel tighter a bit more alive (hope that makes sense) and has totally taken off the harsh edge rebound when going over ruts, speed bumps etc. I would normally run the previous units in normal+ luggage setting but have found I now use comfort or normal single person setting. So overall, a lot of money but I feel its worth the improvement especially as I intend to keep the bike.
I'll try and add some photo's when i get back
thanks

Steve398
Bike Model and Year: R1200RTLC, 2018
Has liked: 278 times
Been liked: 238 times
Isle of Wight

Re: Wilbers WESA suspension

Post by Steve398 »

Sounds a great buy. My previous bike was a ST1300 Pan European with Honda's infamous basic suspension that struggled when the bike was fully laden, but found a top of the range Wilbers rear shock for £250 from Ebay.

It went straight off to Revs Susp in sunny Brum for a service and re-springing. It proved to be a superb piece of kit, and the only shock I've ever had that stood the rigours of pot-holed Italian back roads without a rebuild on our return.

From what Revs told me the full retail price was over £900, so I guess it'll be a while before the RT gets one...
Last edited by Steve398 on Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.