FM/XM Radio

Got any questions about the BMW's R1200RT/R1250RT's onboard audio, Bluetooth or the Electrical system?
TimGun

FM/XM Radio

Post by TimGun »

Is there some way to run the radio through the ear buds?
Rambler358
Been liked: 1 time

Re: FM/XM Radio

Post by Rambler358 »

What ear buds?
Fengje

Post by Fengje »

I had to buy BMW helmet with integrated communication. My bike would not talk to my old helmet equipped with Midland Bluetooth. A new world opens up, you get communication with radio, GPS, mobile phone, passengers and USB port.
If you want to play music from memory stick through the USB port, all files must be mp3 without directories / folders.
I also use DAB radio connected to the USB port.
TimGun

Post by TimGun »

Rambler358 wrote: What ear buds?

I have Klipsch ear buds that I would like to use for the XM radio script i have on the new R1250RT. There is a USB port and a 3.5mm jack in the right storage compartment.Is there a hook up I can use to get XM radio to ear buds?
Rambler358
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Rambler358 »

TimGun wrote: I have Klipsch ear buds that I would like to use for the XM radio script i have on the new R1250RT. There is a USB port and a 3.5mm jack in the right storage compartment.Is there a hook up I can use to get XM radio to ear buds?
Unfortunately no. You'd either need a Bluetooth headset, or just listen through the bike speakers. The Aux input is its own separate mode used for connecting a MP3 Player, iPod/iPhone or flash drive with music on it.
bighopper

Post by bighopper »

I recently did this LINKThere are options in the post that use ear buds as you have.
bushbikie

Post by bushbikie »

Fengje wrote: If you want to play music from memory stick through the USB port, all files must be mp3 without directories / folders.
Don't know what bike is referred to above, but my '16 RT audio system can recognise my music USB stick which is sorted into folders by Artist and then by Albums. Mode button on the radio panel brings up the list of artists on the dash screen, then use Wonderwheel to scroll/select.
Format of the USB file system must be FAT32.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

2016 San Marino Blue