Helmet Camera

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
buzz

Helmet Camera

Post by buzz »

Hi,
I've just bought a Drift ghost XL, I'm going to get a large SD Card for it, is there a way to empty the SD card when full, and keep the footage, I'm going on a two week tour so won't have my lap top, Can I get a card reader and just plug into a external memory bank ?.
And what is the best SD card for cameras, the XL says it will support up to 128gb but not what is the best speed.
Does anyone have an XL and do they rate them.
Regards
Chris
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Re: Helmet Camera

Post by Casbar »

Drift recommend, Sandisk, Pny or Kingston cards. As long as the card is a class 10 micro card you should be ok. I have been using a Ghost X for 8 months and it has been very good, the XL is basically the same camera but more waterproof, although mine has been ok in some torrential rain. All the film clips will be MP4 in a folder on the card, so as long as you can read from the card you will be able to take the clips off, either by plugging the camera in via a usb cable (it will show up as an external drive) or take the card out and stick it in to what you want to read it from.
michaelc2710
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 22 times
Great Britain

Post by michaelc2710 »

Hi Chris
I have the X and the additional large battery, the 2 batteries last long enough to film all day.
The scan disc 128g SD card is fine for a full day's riding.

I carry a small Del laptop and external hard drive to just download all the footage each night.

Not a clue on saving or transferring the data without a laptop but I'm sure someone will explain what you may need.

The hardest part for me is finding the time to watch the footage back to upload or send to riding buddies ( sorry Simbo, I will get round to it be)
Rick B

Post by Rick B »

michaelc2710 wrote: Hi Chris
I have the X and the additional large battery, the 2 batteries last long enough to film all day.
The scan disc 128g SD card is fine for a full day's riding.

I carry a small Del laptop and external hard drive to just download all the footage each night.

Not a clue on saving or transferring the data without a laptop but I'm sure someone will explain what you may need.

Try this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ld9Ms9o4Nmo

The hardest part for me is finding the time to watch the footage back to upload or send to riding buddies ( sorry Simbo, I will get round to it be)
Pete

Post by Pete »

I take 4 64g cards and if i have a good ride just replace the card
buzz

Post by buzz »

Rick B, Many thanks for that video, very helpful
Rick B

Post by Rick B »

buzz wrote: Rick B, Many thanks for that video, very helpful

It works for me ,but after a bit of faffing getting an OTG adapter for the Samsung S7edge) and this
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07H4VQ4BZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
but then i managed to transfer files from my Hero 7  to a 1tb external hd
:pee:

Last edited by Rick B on Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.