Indoor covers

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
PeteM

Indoor covers

Post by PeteM »

I'm looking for an indoor bike cover that I can use with the full three box luggage fitted, all the ones I've found cannot be used with the topbox fitted. Ideally I would like one that allows a trickle charger to be plugged in whilst covered.

Has anyone come across something suitable in their travels? If not I might just buy a cheap sheet and throw that over it
realshelby

Re: Indoor covers

Post by realshelby »

Here is a surprise....BMW sells a travel cover that is light weight and fits like a glove with the factory top case!

And surprise...it is cheap! I paid around $40 US for it. I have used it for 5 years, put it away wet and left it there, no issues. Built in packing bag. Would work well indoors...or out.

Similar to the Nelson Rigg UV2000 in XL. But the BMW cover fits better.

There is enough room to easily access a charging port from the side. 
WERKS Quiet Ride windshields and Headlight Protectors for R 1200-1250 RT. 2021 and up RT Quiet Ride Windshields.
PeteM

Re: Indoor covers

Post by PeteM »

Thanks for that. Had a look and they don't appear to be available in Europe and by the time you add postage from the states they end up expensive.

Whilst looking for that found the proper BMW indoor covers which are again really expensive and they don't list one to fit the RT.
But your post did point me in the direction of Nelson Rigg and they make a full indoor cover which I found in the UK for £30 delivered, although I did have to order from a Harley supplier  :)