Skeene Rear LED lighting kit for 1200RT.

Got any tips and tricks for BMW R1200RT/R1250RT owners? feel free to share them here.
hammo
Bike Model and Year: 2019 1250rtle
Been liked: 20 times
Great Britain

Skeene Rear LED lighting kit for 1200RT.

Post by hammo »

Hi anyone purchased and fitted this kit to their 1200RT ? Santa is coming and i may treat myself , i read on the website that this kit requires no wiring and plugs into a socket under the riders seat can anyone verify this for me as i do not want to set my machine on fire , all comments are welcome .
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Re: Skeene Rear LED lighting kit for 1200RT.

Post by Casbar »

hammo wrote: Hi anyone purchased and fitted this kit to their 1200RT ? Santa is coming and i may treat myself , i read on the website that this kit requires no wiring and plugs into a socket under the riders seat can anyone verify this for me as i do not want to set my machine on fire , all comments are welcome .

Haven't looked, but I had the Skene P3 rear brake lights fitted to my 2014 and I still have them fitted to my 1250, but using a cansmart to control them. Mine never plugged into a socket under the seat, I had to use posi taps supplied to crimp into the correct wires. They worked brilliantly and Skene are a top company, I managed to blow a couple of leds when I washed the bike, Skene sent me two new sets to the UK, no questions, great service. But check on their website for the installation instructions, maybe there is a new connection setup.
bicyclenut
Bike Model and Year: 2010 R1200RT
United States of America

Re: Skeene Rear LED lighting kit for 1200RT.

Post by bicyclenut »

I have mine (2 pairs) connected to a HexEZCAN, allows for various configurations. There was a controller that I purchased from Skene that allowed various functions but it was not simple plug and play and using the EzCAN was easier and took up less space than a second controller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk