Introducing Myself

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Shenders1

Introducing Myself

Post by Shenders1 »

Hello folks, new here and thought I should introduce myself.

I've been riding motorcycles since I was a youngster; Moving, through the years, from dirt bikes to sport bikes to sport touring. I've spent the last ~ 4 years on a Ducati Multistrada, which is quite a nice bike in many ways.

But I've always loved the looks of the RT, and while on a November business trip to California, I rented a 2018 model: A tremendous mistake  ^-^ .  After two wonderful days in the desert and mountains, I was in love.  I was back home in Michigan less than two weeks before I traded the Multi in on a 2019 R1250RT. Now I'm impatiently waiting for spring...

So while I'm already an addicted motorcyclist, I still have lots to learn about the BMW marque and this bike in particular. This forum looks like a great place to do it!

Steve
R2K

Re: Introducing Myself

Post by R2K »

Shenders1 wrote: Hello folks, new here and thought I should introduce myself.

I've been riding motorcycles since I was a youngster; Moving, through the years, from dirt bikes to sport bikes to sport touring. I've spent the last ~ 4 years on a Ducati Multistrada, which is quite a nice bike in many ways.

But I've always loved the looks of the RT, and while on a November business trip to California, I rented a 2018 model: A tremendous mistake  ^-^ .  After two wonderful days in the desert and mountains, I was in love.  I was back home in Michigan less than two weeks before I traded the Multi in on a 2019 R1250RT. Now I'm impatiently waiting for spring...

So while I'm already an addicted motorcyclist, I still have lots to learn about the BMW marque and this bike in particular. This forum looks like a great place to do it!
Welcome, we can help you get acquainted with the roundel and your R1250RT. This is mine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
BoB21
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 34 times
Great Britain

Post by BoB21 »

Welcome from across the pond
Lycanit

Post by Lycanit »

Hello everyone,
I'm James and thought I should introduce myself. I'm a long time rider of whatever the latest hottest big bore superbike was,is... Lol I have been off bikes 3 years and have felt the overwhelming need for another bike..
I gave it up to get a couple of other toys.. COBRA.. cough, cough. Seeing the newest iteration I definitely wanted it. But wanting to introduce someone new to the sport I came across a 2005 red rt1200 with only 33k miles. Seemed a solid used bike with all the options.
So here's to lurking, learning and planning on a newer model this next spring. And any advice or recommendations are always welcome.. the day I stop learning is the day I wake up dead..
hammo
Bike Model and Year: 2019 1250rtle
Been liked: 20 times
Great Britain

Post by hammo »

Welcome my friend from across the pond , like yourself i have owned many bikes throughout my life but the RTLE is fantastic , reliable , comfortable and great handling hope you enjoy it as much as i do , safe and enjoyable journeys !!!!