Basecamp & Mac Catalina OS

Having problems with the BMW Navigator V VI or the TFT display?
garr2

Basecamp & Mac Catalina OS

Post by garr2 »

Since updating my Mac desktop to Catalina (IOS 10.15) I have been unable to use Basecamp. When I attempted to launch Basecamp I got an error message saying Garmin Basecamp needs to be updated. Apparently the 10.15 OS uses 64 bit technology but my older version of Basecamp was 32 bit - whatever that means.
Anyway I contacted Garmin product support by phone and was sent a link that guided me through deleting the old 32 bit version of Basecamp and downloading the new 64 bit version. I haven't actually used the new version yet but I have launched it and it appears to work. Only problem I have noticed so far is that I have lost the routes saved in the older version. Someone more tech savvy might have been able to save them.

Ian
bicyclenut
Bike Model and Year: 2010 R1200RT
United States of America

Re: Basecamp & Mac Catalina OS

Post by bicyclenut »

I am using Mac Catalina v10.15.3 and Basecamp has been working fine for me.  Basecamp version is 4.8.7 and I see there is an update in Mac App Store to version 4.8.8.

It seems at some point I downloaded the program from the Garmin web site after I had some issues with program and I deleted the old program and associated files. I don't recall if it was the upgrade to Catalina that did that, but it is working fine for me now.
https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=RqEj4anBOJAYOyA51GfRI6