Does anyone know R1200RT LE Reg R12 RTO

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
adventureboy

Does anyone know R1200RT LE Reg R12 RTO

Post by adventureboy »

Just bought this bike from Dobles just want to try to get some service trye info from the previous owner thought he might be a member

Thanks
Rob
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 333 times
Great Britain

Re: Does anyone know R1200RT LE Reg R12 RTO

Post by David. »

With the bike having a FSH, some BMW, some not, could the servicing dealer/independent be contacted for their records.
BMW should have access to what work they did and when. If a VAT registered independent was used, then a paper trail may be available.

Alternatively, if you haven't already got it, the new Registration Certificate (V5C) should have the name & address of the previous keeper on it.

The MOT history check, https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/ gives the date/mileage when the bike was tested, pass/fail.
Armed with the 11 digit V5C number, the test certificate/location can be viewed.
Last edited by David. on Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
adventureboy

Post by adventureboy »

Hi David
Thanks for the reply, the bike has full history all from VAT Registered garages, just thought if the previous owner was a member here I could email him re when it had tyres pads if valve clearances have been checked etc etc

Ive been on the BMW Web site re extended warranty and it says you require both the service book stamped and the accompanying  receipts before they will extend the warranty, ive got the service book but not the receipts albeit with a few calls im sure I can get them from the servicing garages

Rob
David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

adventureboy wrote:I've been on the BMW Web site re extended warranty and it says you require both the service book stamped and the accompanying receipts before they will extend the warranty. I've got the service book but not the receipts albeit with a few calls I'm sure I can get them from the servicing garages.
"I can confirm that my vehicle has been fully serviced in accordance with the manufacturing recommendations/intervals and has not been modified in any way.

The service history of the insured vehicle and supporting invoices will be required by the repairing Retailer at the time of an Insured Warranty claim."

What it really means is, you are agreeing the bike has an up to date service history when the policy starts. You are only ticking a box to agree to some T&C's not signing your life away. The service history can be either a BMW dealer, VAT registered independent or both. Proof of the service history and invoices may only be required when making a claim, not to take the policy out. I've never had to provide any evidence when making a claim. My service book is fully stamped by a BMW dealer. Although, I have done some of the work myself, but have kept copies of invoices for parts used etc.
Last edited by David. on Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
adventureboy

Post by adventureboy »

Appreciate the reply but what I dont want is to pat £400 odd out for a warranty only to be told on the first claim "sorry but it does state in the T&Cs that we will require a copy of all the service invoices " heres a bill for £1200 for the work !!

Im going to buy the service parts from Cannon on Tuesday Dobles are doing the service free of charge as part of the deal, but I said id get the bits from BMW  so will ask in there and see how anal they are re the receipts if they want them ill give it a go if not and the service book is enough job done

Rob
David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

adventureboy wrote:Appreciate the reply but what I don't want is to pay £400 odd out for a warranty only to be told on the first claim "sorry but it does state in the T&Cs that we will require a copy of all the service invoices " here's a bill for £1200 for the work!
For warranty work to go ahead, the dealer has to first submit a claim to BMW Insured Warranty. It is them (BMWIW) not the dealer who decides whether it's a valid claim or not. If the service history & supporting evidence/invoices etc. are not acceptable the claim won't be processed.
adventureboy

Post by adventureboy »

Exactly why I want to cross the T's and dot the I's as the £400 odd payment for the warranty that may not go through as I dont have the supporting invoices, could go towards whatever is wrong, and I dont find out its been wasted 6 months down the line because of a T+C
Rob
David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

Obviously, if the service history is within the BMW dealer network, it makes life a lot easier but more expensive. As your bike's FSH is all from VAT registered garages, I can see your point. Using VAT registered independents is acceptable to BMWIW to maintain the T&C's of the warranty, providing genuine parts or those of equivalent spec. are used. Looks like to be confident going forward, service invoices are going to have to be obtained. Businesses must keep VAT records for at least 6 years. Good luck, hope you are successful in your quest.
Last edited by David. on Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
adventureboy

Post by adventureboy »

Cheers David
thanks for the replies

Rob