RT LC rear brake pedal lowering

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
adventureboy

RT LC rear brake pedal lowering

Post by adventureboy »

I saw somewhare on here that a guy was looking to lower his rear brake pedal as it was too high, well mine was the same and the adjustment didnt seem to work, so I went on the look out for a solution

Found it Wunderlich make a rear brake lowering kit for a 1200R and 1200RS which fits the 1200RT although they say it does not !! without a problem ive got one fitted now and the lever is exactly where I want it its lowered by about 19mm which is fine

anyone need a piccie or the part number just give me a shout the plate whth delivery was £9 could have made it for pennies if i had the dimensions

Rob 
kioolt
United States of America

Re: RT LC rear brake pedal lowering

Post by kioolt »

The cheapest thing on a BMW is the nut that connects the handlebars to the seat.
beemerboy9
Bike Model and Year: 1250RT 2019
Been liked: 16 times
Great Britain

Post by beemerboy9 »

kioolt wrote: Ilium makes ones for the wethead RT. 

https://www.iliumworks.com/BMW_Motorcycle_Accessories.cfm?pn=30%2D600&pID=121

Not quite the same thing. Take a look at this - the whole footrest assembly is canted forwards and downwards.  Inexpensive if it does the job.
Last edited by beemerboy9 on Fri May 08, 2020 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
John Bentall
adventureboy

Post by adventureboy »

Beemerboy
thats the one I fitted and it works fine and at only £9 delivered its a lot cheaper than the other above option
Rob
ExGMan

Post by ExGMan »

I bought that pricey Illium piece for my 2015 RT two years ago. Works fine, but I wish I had looked for the Wunderlich piece!
realshelby

Post by realshelby »

Or....you can simply unhook the brake lever from the pushrod bracket. Unscrew the bracket from the pushrod ( that goes into the rear master cylinder ). Remove the lock nut that normally locks against the bracket ( not enough room to leave it installed ). Cut off the pushrod a bit, put some loctite on the threads and screw the U shaped bracket back on. Install pin through brake lever and pushrod.
Done. Works good and costs next to nothing.
WERKS Quiet Ride windshields and Headlight Protectors for R 1200-1250 RT. 2021 and up RT Quiet Ride Windshields.