BMW System 7 Carbon & BT

Got any questions about the BMW's R1200RT/R1250RT's onboard audio, Bluetooth or the Electrical system?
cogako

BMW System 7 Carbon & BT

Post by cogako »

Good Morning to all group members. I am seriously looking into buying 2 BMW system 7 carbon helmets with the BMW communication system for me and my wife. The reasons are mainly 2.

1. BMW System 7 carbon looks, build and functions

2. The direct integration with the R1250RT BT system.

The problem is I couldn’t find anywhere a proper review with pros and cons.

Is there anyone here that can help? Any comments are welcome in terms of comfortability, durability, wind noise, BT quality and functions

Both helmet and BT are quite expensive, and it will be a bummer if we invest into something that might fail to provide the obvious as advertised by BMW
TomDK
Bike Model and Year: R1200 RT 2016
Denmark

Re: BMW System 7 Carbon & BT

Post by TomDK »

Hi, just to let you know, I have heard that BMW will come up with a better BT system next year  ;) 
Lat summer I bought a System 7, but I sold it again this spring and got me a Schuberth C4 pro, it fits my head much better  :)  and what I like on the Schuberth is that the flip up part goes way more up, beside that I use the Cardo Bold,I like that a lot. be
Last edited by TomDK on Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
BoB21
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 34 times
Great Britain

Post by BoB21 »

Surely  you should by a helmet that fits your head above all other considerations.
Rambler358
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Rambler358 »

TomDK wrote: Hi, just to let you know, I have heard that BMW will come up with a better BT system next year  ;) 
Any more details on this, or a source?
TomDK
Bike Model and Year: R1200 RT 2016
Denmark

Post by TomDK »

Heard it at the local dealer, here in Denmark  ;)
Peter Baker
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 6 times
Great Britain

Post by Peter Baker »

I have that set up, the helmets fit my wife and I very well and the intercom between helmets and RT/sound/Navi have good functionality - I think BMW are one of the quietest helmets out there in terms of DB rating - at least they always have been with the previous models I owned.  As said above fit is the most important thing!

I had one of the first System 7 Carbon helmets and the visor did not seal well with the helmet, understand it was a problem with some large size early production units.  My dealer worked tirelessly to get it resolved with BMW which they managed and I still have the helmet which is a testament in itself. 

When it comes to my next new helmet I will look at the C4 Pro or whatever the current version...  Peter
beemerboy9
Bike Model and Year: 1250RT 2019
Been liked: 16 times
Great Britain

Post by beemerboy9 »

cogako wrote:
Good Morning to all group members. I am seriously looking into buying 2 BMW system 7 carbon helmets with the BMW communication system for me and my wife. The reasons are mainly 2.

1. BMW System 7 carbon looks, build and functions

2. The direct integration with the R1250RT BT system.

The problem is I couldn’t find anywhere a proper review with pros and cons.

Is there anyone here that can help? Any comments are welcome in terms of comfortability, durability, wind noise, BT quality and functions

Both helmet and BT are quite expensive, and it will be a bummer if we invest into something that might fail to provide the obvious as advertised by BMW

BMW helmets don't fit me. So I use another brand of BT.

All the high-end bluetooth comms sytems will allow you to hear music, SatNav, phone from the bike.

What the BMW system does uniquely is to allow you to adjust volume from the wheel. The others do it from the headset.

The paired BMW helmets allow sharing of music from Rider to Pillion out of the box, but other BT systems require this sharing facility to be set up.

It makes sense that BMW will eventually bring out a new system. The other high-end systems do bike-to-bike comms, which the BMW system, uniquely, does not.[size=78%] [/size]
John Bentall
gogs01

Post by gogs01 »

I wonder if the OP (cogako) ever came to a decision.
No hello and, so far, no goodbye .....  :(
My 4th R1200RT = 2016 (2017 MY) R1200RT LE
gadgetgaz
Been liked: 2 times
Great Britain

Post by gadgetgaz »

Last year I bought one of these helmets with the built in bluetooth module and wasn't very satisfied with it and ended up taking it back. I stress though I was not using it with a BMW bike audio system and was trying to make it work directly to my phone. I wrote a blog post about it HERE you might find it useful.
2023 R1205RT LE Sport Blue. Retired motorcycle cop now IT consultant and RoSPA RoADAR examiner.
garr2

Post by garr2 »

I just moved from a BMW System 6 helmet fitted with a BMW Communicator version 2 to a System 7 helmet & Communicator version 3
There is a noticeable improvement. The version 2 Communicator used Bluetooth standard 2.1 while the version 3 uses Bluetooth 4.1. Music is now crisper, has more depth, more stereo, and greater volume. Integration with the 'wonderwheel' to select artists/albums/genres/tracks, advance tracks and control volume is very handy (no pun intended). A premium product at a premium price - as always with BMW. I'm happy.

Ian
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Yes I have that setup as does my wife.......brilliant, helmet is so comfy.
STeinar

Post by STeinar »

Beagle wrote: Yes I have that setup as does my wife.......brilliant, helmet is so comfy.

Same do I, and just works - no problems at all
Happy user

Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Just updated the software in ours, any idea what improvements are?