CAPTCHA for posting messages

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
NLC

CAPTCHA for posting messages

Post by NLC »

Is it perhaps my eyesight but I find inputing the CAPTCHA verification question everytime I post difficult to read (and often takes 5 attempts for it to go through). Is there anyway to turn this off?
STeinar

Re: CAPTCHA for posting messages

Post by STeinar »

It will do this for the first 10 messages , then it will go away
STeinar
PeteM

Post by PeteM »

Its a while since I've seen the captcha on here but most have the option to read the text* which may make life easier.

* Under European disability discrimination legislation all should have it so the blind or partially sighted people using screen readers can still access the sites; should not be a problem for this site but the legislation does not make exceptions.
STeinar

Post by STeinar »

PeteM wrote: * Under European disability discrimination legislation all should have it so the blind or partially sighted people using screen readers can still access the sites; should not be a problem for this site but the legislation does not make exceptions.

I would say that if you are not able to see/read the CAPTCHA here - you should probably not ride a bike ??

Also - If this site will be forced to follow up on all this requirements from EU - I will more likely just take it off the air

STeinar

NLC

Post by NLC »

STeinar wrote: It will do this for the first 10 messages , then it will go away
STeinar
I may not get to 10 messages  ^-^ . But perhaps I am being accepted since it has gone away.
PeteM

Post by PeteM »

STeinar wrote: Also - If this site will be forced to follow up on all this requirements from EU - I will more likely just take it off the air

Technically it already is, the fact that it is unlikely to appeal to anyone that would be affected by the ruling means it is unlikely to ever be complained about and therefore you are unlikely to ever have an enforcement notice. Also as you are using prebuilt software, albeit a little old the requirements should be largely already met.
NLC

Post by NLC »

STeinar wrote:
I
Also - If this site will be forced to follow up on all this requirements from EU - I will more likely just take it off the air

STeinar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
STeinar

Post by STeinar »

PeteM wrote:
Technically it already is, the fact that it is unlikely to appeal to anyone that would be affected by the ruling means it is unlikely to ever be complained about and therefore you are unlikely to ever have an enforcement notice. Also as you are using prebuilt software, albeit a little old the requirements should be largely already met.

Yes - I do not say that everything in this EU requirement is bad - The intention is good , but the way they have enforced it is not good. LIke quite a few things coming from that  office

But as you say , this software is too old to be able to implement all the requirements.
If so should be required - I can not any longer defent the cost it allready  do cost me to have the site alive. Money and time .
This is from my own pocket - and from my spear time - if I ever have one :-)

Stay safe out there - 73 Steinar

https://www.qrz.com/db/OE4KSF  :-)

PeteM

Post by PeteM »

Seriously if the money ever becomes a problem create a go fund me page. This resource is too good to loose and I am sure you would get people helping.
STeinar

Post by STeinar »

PeteM wrote: Seriously if the money ever becomes a problem create a go fund me page. This resource is too good to loose and I am sure you would get people helping.

Yes thank you, but for now I'm doing ok.  But If I had to invest in a new SW - It could be different.
My biggest concern is the time - I have to many hobbies - and to little time.
I did get a TO big house and property when I mooved down here to Austria - and it all takes so mush time - and I'm getting little time to ride.

I even have 4-5 spare rooms for visitors - So if anyone of you are passing in this part of Europe  - South East Austria - I will have a room for you for night or two :-)  - But take contact first - as I'm quite a lott out of the house - traveling :-)

STeinar
NLC

Post by NLC »

PeteM wrote: Seriously if the money ever becomes a problem create a go fund me page. This resource is too good to loose and I am sure you would get people helping.
Or charge people a modest sum. UKGSER does £12 a year and well worth it. Also helps to additional mods to help share the burden.
PeteM

Post by PeteM »

NLC wrote: Or charge people a modest sum. UKGSER does £12 a year and well worth it. Also helps to additional mods to help share the burden.

I've been involved in running a scuba forum in the past and we saw a massive drop off when we made it members only (not my choice) as unless people can see what they are going to get for their money. You could set it to read only unless a member which can work but I would bet that we have a lot more readers than contributors. Also it may take a big software upgrade to allow that and it has already been established that STeiner is time poor.

Bringing in additional mods and admins can be useful but I've not noticed a massive need for moderation around here unlike the scuba forum and getting in additional admins can create as much work as it saves.