Seat query.

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
milleplod
Been liked: 1 time

Seat query.

Post by milleplod »

Can anyone tell me if a late twincam RT with a single-piece seat would have factory lowered suspension too?  I've got it into my head that the two things went together.

Pete
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 332 times
Great Britain

Re: Seat query.

Post by David. »

A single-piece (extra low) seat is an option on a Camhead RT without factory lowered suspension, https://www.online-parts.co.uk/bmw-bike ... nth=04#sub

From what I have read, a bike ordered with factory lowered suspension, could be specified with or without a single-piece seat.

I also believe that a bike with factory lowered suspension, cannot have ESA fitted.

This BMW VIN decoder, https://www.mdecoder.com/ can be used to see how the bike was supplied from the factory.

An example being, my used 2012 Camhead was supplied with a Driver's seat low. When trading in my 2010 model, I switched the seat for the standard height one.
Last edited by David. on Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
milleplod
Been liked: 1 time

Post by milleplod »

Thanks David. Does the switch back to standard from single-piece entail the purchase of different mounting underneath? I'm hanging my nose over a very late air cooled bike with a single seat, so just wondering if the swap back is simple.
Pete
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 332 times
Great Britain

Post by David. »

milleplod wrote:Does the switch back to standard from single-piece entail the purchase of different mounting underneath?
Yes, have a look at this thread, viewtopic.php?p=37994#p37994