New to R1250 fourm,what did I do today?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
RRGary

New to R1250 fourm,what did I do today?

Post by RRGary »

Hello all, am not only new to the forum, I am also new to my 2020 R 1250 rt.

Bought it yesterday last  in the afternoon, didn't get out of the dealership till 5:40 pdt.

Took it out this morning when it was cool, did 110 miles on it before returning home.

Traded in my 2012 K 1600 on the 1250, after the ride it was a very good bike, but nothing like my new R bike.

Not hesitant when I say this, I don't miss the K 1600 at all.

Stopped by the dealer to babble my like of the bike, salesman asked about the seat height (he set it on lower for me) told him I was so impressed with the first 100 mile experience I didn't give it a thought,it was that comfortable!

This just a few words from me to rant and rave a bit about how good the R 1250 is.
Btw, scrolled through the paging on the Nav vi, what a wealth of information there is on the "my Bike"

Thanks to all who read this,

Gary Smith, aka RRGary
Good judgement comes from experience; experience comes from bad judgement.
austin1964

Re: New to R1250 fourm,what did I do today?

Post by austin1964 »

The "my motorcycle" on the app gives loads of information. If you drop the bike it even shows the lean angle...-21 degrees!
I moved from a K1600GT and the same thoughts of shedding weight, it will also cost a lot less to run:-
New tyres every 4500 miles and that massive service at 18000 valve check, plus depreciation like a luxury car!
R1250RT and R1200RT Brilliant bikes just need back lit switch gear, new BMW TFT and lockable Sat Nav please
PeteM

Post by PeteM »

RRGary wrote: Btw, scrolled through the paging on the Nav vi, what a wealth of information there is on the "my Bike"

That is all customisable as well. So for instance I have mine as the top row showing Distance, Time and ETA of the next waypoint and the second row showing the same info for final destination. That way I know when the next scheduled stop is as well the rest of the journey, so if my wife or I are in need of a comfort break I can judge whether it is worth making an unscheduled stop. Only a minor thing but it helps when I am doing long distances with SWMBO. Only annoying thing about that feature is you can only set it up on the bike.
RRGary

Post by RRGary »

Thanks, Austin, PeteM.
About cost of ownership on the K 1600: I bought my used with 12.5k miles on it,the expense of the 18 k upcoming service is what got me looking at a new bike it was a 2012 model, dealer treated me as well as could be expected.
Got what I felt was a reasonable trade in value, also got a free top case and I did qualify for the 1.9% financing, so that made the deal worth doing.
Open for suggestions on a aftermarket rider's seat, what seems to be the most popular? Sargent or Russel? Am leaning towards the Sargent as it does not require sending in the seat pan.
Gary Smith, aka RRGary
Good judgement comes from experience; experience comes from bad judgement.