Central locking remote not working

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Dee Dub

Central locking remote not working

Post by Dee Dub »

Remote fob LED flashes, but the bike doesn't respond. I've replaced the fob's battery, no difference. Central locking works when I press the handlebar button, which helps for now but I can't activate the alarm.

Any ideas? What can I check, please?

Background note: This is almost certainly a co-incidence (?) but the problem started when I removed the rear wheel. The remote hasn't worked since.
DW
scunny12
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: 1200RT LE 2015
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 36 times
Great Britain

Re: Central locking remote not working

Post by scunny12 »

I have the same problem, like you I thought it was a battery key fob issue.  I have done the synchro/ recalibrate as per manual but still not working.  Due for a service and MOT in a couple of weeks so the BMW dealer can have a play.
Dee Dub

Post by Dee Dub »

Thanks. I went through the various registering rigmaroles too, and was getting no confirmatory "acoustic signals" as indicated in the manual. However, somehow this has cleared the problem and the remote locking/alarm now works!

Now if I could just remember where the hell I've 'safely hidden' the spare fob, I'd check that one too!

Good luck with fixing your problem Scunny.
DW
smileymiley
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 17MY
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times
Great Britain

Post by smileymiley »

When I reset mine a couple of months ago, theres a post on here somewhere,  I too had no beeps or beeps, both remotes reset fine. Very strange!
Vini, Vidi, Velcro....... I came, I saw, I stuck around.