Coronavirus

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
simbo
Bike Model and Year: RT 2011
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 96 times
Great Britain

Re: Coronavirus

Post by simbo »

David. wrote: Four IAM bods are going to Wales next weekend. They are all not from two different households. Therefore, shouldn't be meeting outdoors or indoors for that matter.

I don't get your point? No different than us going to Peterborough.
Last edited by simbo on Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The GS 'is' the better bike :-)
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 332 times
Great Britain

Post by David. »

The social distancing rules for meeting outdoors in the four devolved nations of England, N. Ireland, Scotland & Wales are all very different.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51506729

"In Wales, any number of people from two different households can now meet outdoors".

My interpretation of this is that four individuals all from different households should not meet outdoors.

Others may interpret this differently to suit their circumstances/situation.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-52416541

"There is no restriction on the number of people at any one time. But getting together with members of more than one household at the same time is still not allowed."
Last edited by David. on Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
simbo
Great Britain

Post by simbo »

David. wrote: The social distancing rules for meeting outdoors in the four devolved nations of England, N. Ireland, Scotland & Wales are all very different.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51506729

"In Wales, any number of people from two different households can now meet outdoors".

My interpretation of this is that four individuals all from different households should not meet outdoors.

Others may interpret this differently to suit their circumstances/situation.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-52416541

"There is no restriction on the number of people at any one time. But getting together with members of more than one household at the same time is still not allowed."

They met in England and travelled to Wales. 👍
David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

From England,

"If visiting other parts of the UK – Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland – you must adhere to the laws and guidance of the devolved administrations at all times".
Last edited by David. on Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
simbo
Great Britain

Post by simbo »

"From England" you met as a group of 8 temporarily, then travelled as a group of seven to meet up with a group of 12 to ride in a group of six the (three new) the following day. Stop being a prick. 👍
David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

Agreed, something I now regret doing.
STeinar

Post by STeinar »

simbo wrote: "From England" you met as a group of 8 temporarily, then travelled as a group of seven to meet up with a group of 12 to ride in a group of six the (three new) the following day. Stop being a prick. 👍
Come down everyone -It's not easy for anyone to follow all of this regulations on all time - as they change every day.
But - try to be on the safe side - and no one is a prick - not need to use this words here - We are all a big family :-)

STeinar
BoB21
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 34 times
Great Britain

Post by BoB21 »

In fairness they are good friends and in uk saying dont be a prick in context is taken the same as dont be idiot. Its not calling him a prick or idiot. Appreciate your  "please all read this statement" and this is international platform and language barrier issues. Posting this to try to help clarify situation but we do need to occasionaly be  reminded not to slip into old customs/habits.
STeinar

Post by STeinar »

BoB21 wrote: In fairness they are good friends and in uk saying dont be a prick in context is taken the same as dont be idiot. Its not calling him a prick or idiot. Appreciate your  "please all read this statement" and this is international platform and language barrier issues. Posting this to try to help clarify situation but we do need to occasionaly be  reminded not to slip into old customs/habits.
Thank you - Yes more than half of us are not native english  speaking - and easy to misunderstand for us.
But anyway - we all have to try to use a good and nice language and make and have this site as a good family
STeinar
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

STeinar wrote: Thank you - Yes more than half of us are not native english  speaking - and easy to misunderstand for us.
But anyway - we all have to try to use a good and nice language and make and have this site as a good family
STeinar

Here Here. Well said Sir.
David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

At very short notice, on the evening before the event, the NM's riding group of six increased to seven. Likewise, it was unknown until the day of the race whether or not an eighth member would be joining us for an hour at lunchtime, not riding with us.

On Friday & Saturday evenings (12),  two members headed out for a meal elsewhere. By default, the remaining 10 were generally split up between the smokers & non-smokers, social distancing was well maintained.

For the Saturday ride out, the 12 were split into two groups of six. The groups rode in opposite directions and did not meet up during the day.

It is now 9 days since returning home from Peterborough. I trust that non of the attendees have shown any Covid symptoms which could have been attributed to the RT meet.

At the end of the day, an event took place whilst best trying to comply with the guidelines for the benefit of all concerned. Perhaps the best thing I could have done is not attend myself.
Last edited by David. on Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
michaelc2710
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 22 times
Great Britain

Post by michaelc2710 »

David, you don't have to justify attending or your comments about other groups going on there ride outs.

You need to just chill and let others do what they want to, without commenting on them and quoting chapter and verse.

With any luck the others wont speed or see the speed camera early........hopefully you didn't get a ticket
Sullivj
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 15 times
Great Britain

Post by Sullivj »

Pleased to report no CV symptoms from Tim or I David, despite our Leicester deviation on the return journey.

I think it’s a shame that some people have obviously hampered your enjoyment of the event.

Thank you again for organising it. I’m glad you attended, even if with the benefit of hindsight, you’re not.
BoB21
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 34 times
Great Britain

Post by BoB21 »

As michaelc2710 said apart from speeding he was pushing you. Relax life was never meant to be this serious. Were all different and all trying to get through life best we can. Ffs the government dont follow own guidlines to the letter.
michaelc2710
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 22 times
Great Britain

Post by michaelc2710 »

BoB21 wrote: As michaelc2710 said apart from speeding he was pushing you. Relax life was never meant to be this serious. Were all different and all trying to get through life best we can. Ffs the government dont follow own guidlines to the letter.

I wasn't pushing I was trying to catch up  ;)