Tank Bag recommendations please

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
jiggsy062

Re: Tank Bag recommendations please

Post by jiggsy062 »

Hi Tojjer,

I don't know whether you have sorted yourself out with a tank bag yet, but if you haven't, You might like to know that the Givi ST-602 is currently on offer at Nippy Normans. I've just bought and fitted one and am pleased with it so far. I'm 5'10' and the tank bag doesn't obscure the instrument panel in any way and it doesn't hit the kill switch on full lock either. I think I've attached a picture of mine but, as I'm a bit of technophobe, that might not have happened.

Good luck.
Attachments
Tank Bag.jpg
PeteM

Post by PeteM »

NN search feature leaves something to be desired so if anyone is interested then search for the part number which is GIV-ST602.

For the record it is the same price  on Sports bike shop
wits
Bike Model and Year: RT 2018
Has liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Post by wits »

jiggsy062 wrote: Hi Tojjer,
I don't know whether you have sorted yourself out with a tank bag yet, but if you haven't, You might like to know that the Givi ST-602 is currently on offer at Nippy Normans. I've just bought and fitted one and am pleased with it so far. I'm 5'10' and the tank bag doesn't obscure the instrument panel in any way and it doesn't hit the kill switch on full lock either. I think I've attached a picture of mine but, as I'm a bit of technophobe, that might not have happened.
Good luck.
Great bag works well on the RT
Some have had a problem with the zip... Mine to now is fine but I put a little silicon grease on the zip, the zip on mine was a little stiff (Oh Err missus) ;)
RT1200 LC 2018, Guzzi Breva 1100 2005 ...Now sold....
tojjer
Great Britain

Post by tojjer »

wits wrote: Great bag works well on the RT
Some have had a problem with the zip... Mine to now is fine but I put a little silicon grease on the zip, the zip on mine was a little stiff (Oh Err missus) ;)

Cheers everyone. Not bought one yet but will be soon hopefully. Lockdown got in the way of our tours!

WITS:  I see you've got my dream job
ezymount

Post by ezymount »

Another vote for SWMotec !
Had one on my old 16 RT.
Jim - 2020 ‘B’
Cmatthews

Post by Cmatthews »

I have Givi ST602. I particularly like the tank lock system, as it’s neat and tidy, easy to install and secure.
Col

Post by Col »

Cmatthews wrote: I have Givi ST602. I particularly like the tank lock system, as it’s neat and tidy, easy to install and secure.
I have the same one, excellent.
Someone is selling one on UKGSer right now.[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

vcso2279

Post by vcso2279 »

Givi ST Series Tanklock Tank Bag 15 liter. $132 on Amazon best money on spent. Not too small and not too Big. Does not interfere with vision on speedometer etc. Best thing is it locks for safety.
Attachments
5CABE635-23ED-4E68-825A-813C45B8637C.jpeg
Last edited by vcso2279 on Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.