Sore Butt

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
hammo
Bike Model and Year: 2019 1250rtle
Been liked: 20 times
Great Britain

Sore Butt

Post by hammo »

Must be getting old , a two hour ride yesterday and my butt is complaining , looking at a gel pad as anyone used an Airhawk seat pad they seem to get a good review do,nt fancy forking out a lot of dosh for a complete seat. 
simbo
Bike Model and Year: RT 2011
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 98 times
Great Britain

Re: Sore Butt

Post by simbo »

Try wearing padded cycling shorts under your pants, they're only about a tenner and work great! They feel a bit weird at first but you soon get used to them.
The GS 'is' the better bike :-)
hammo
Great Britain

Post by hammo »

Nice one will give it a try !!!!
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Try also cool covers, they improve comfort and I have one on my pillion seat, stops my wife scuffing the seat when she gets on, she is only short :)
emlevy
Bike Model and Year: 2015 R1200RT
Been liked: 2 times
United States of America

Post by emlevy »

I use an Airhawk on my ‘15 RT with tall comfort seat. It works great and definitely extends my riding comfort. Wish I had discovered it years ago.
2015 R1200RT | 2012 R1200R Classic
bandytales

Post by bandytales »

emlevy wrote: I use an Airhawk on my ‘15 RT with tall comfort seat. It works great and definitely extends my riding comfort. Wish I had discovered it years ago.

Well I bought an Airhawk seat for my Wethead and detest it. I'd love to be shot of it.
I got a Sargent seat and that improved things quite a bit.
But I'd really love to try some of the seats that our American neighbours have easy access to!
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

I find the seat on my 1250 a lot more uncomfortable than the one I had on the 1200. But I can ride all day with no discomfort if I take a short break every hour/hour and a half. Where I suffer is say if, I'm coming back and just bang out the miles, say ride for a full tank without a break, then I get the sore inner thighs. So not sure if a Sargent seat would help that scenario. I have been so near to ordering a Sargent many times.
hammo
Great Britain

Post by hammo »

Yes our american friends seem to have a better selection of seats , the Russell "all day " seat looks excellent custom made to suit the rider .
jackronner
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 9 times
United States of America

Post by jackronner »

Take a look at gelcoproducts.com.  Here's a pic of the small pad you can strap onto the seat, with a recessed area for your aching tailbone.

bandytales

Post by bandytales »

jackronner wrote: Take a look at gelcoproducts.com.  Here's a pic of the small pad you can strap onto the seat, with a recessed area for your aching tailbone.

Hi jackronner. This puts us in the same category as with the saddle situation. These items are a US items, we have very limited choice in the UK for products such as this.
jackronner
United States of America

Post by jackronner »

Bandytales,  I'm sure they an ship internationally.
jackronner
United States of America

Post by jackronner »

It turns out that Gelco won't have products available until perhaps early September, but you can see the product at https://gelcoproducts.com/products/gseat-lite/. The "Lite" is the one suitable for bikes.  They do ship to UK.