Connecting my Sena S20 to the R1250RS

Got any questions about the BMW's R1200RT/R1250RT's onboard audio, Bluetooth or the Electrical system?
Douglas180

Connecting my Sena S20 to the R1250RS

Post by Douglas180 »

I wanted to connect my Samsung S10 to the R1250RS and also be able to talk to my passenger via the Sena intercom and for both of us to share the music coming from the phone.  I tried many things but this is what I found which seems to work well.  We can talk and also hear the music at the same time.  These are not detailed but a summary.

Here are the steps I did to accomplish this:

Pair the phone to the bike[/font]Pair the Rider’s helmet to the bike[/font]Do not pair the Passenger helmet to the bike[/font]Turn on the bike and both helmets[/font]Turn on the music on the phone[/font]Now you should hear music in the Rider’s helmet[/font]Tap the center button (The Jog wheel) on both helmets[/font]Establish that you can talk to one another via the helmets[/font]On the Rider’s helmet press and hold the center button until you hear three beeps.  (Take about 5 seconds)[/font]Now you both should be able to hear the music and each other talk.[/font]Adjust the volume on the phone to get a balance between the music and the intercom[/font]

I am assuming you can figure out how to connect the phone to the bike and that you have got your helmets paired.

Hope that helps,

Douglas Shonley
Sturgis, SD