2020 Annual RT Meet

Want to arrange a local meet or ride out with like minded people? Then please post about it in this section with all the details and dates.
BoB21
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 47 times
Great Britain

Re: 2020 Annual RT Meet

Post by BoB21 »

MikeS nice one lovely around the lake.
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 337 times
Great Britain

Post by David. »

MikeS wrote:Did the Llandovery loop from Simon Weir's Bikers Britain guide today.
Got that route planned in, how did you find the road between Tregaron & Llandovery past Llyn Brianne.
MikeS
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 64 times
Great Britain

Post by MikeS »

My mistake, it was actually the Black Mountain Loop. I thought it was odd when you mentioned Tregaron so I checked route name in the book.[attachimg=1]

Attachments
IMG_20200901_202703274.jpg
David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

MikeS wrote:It was actually the Black Mountain Loop.
No worries, got that one included too. Both the loops make a figure of eight ride out passing through Llandovery twice. We'll be staying at Merthyr Tydfil Premier Inn.
David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

MikeS wrote:Good route apart from some extended 40 mph limits.
Wales is littered with signed 40 mph speed limits, when in most other places, they would be a NSL of 60 mph.

Our planned riding times fell behind because both BaseCamp & my Garmin sat. nav, don't recognise the changes.
Sullivj
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 37 times
Great Britain

Post by Sullivj »

I was there last week, and also stopped there for an ice cream!
David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

This is the last of 5 Annual UK RT Meets organised by myself.

It was at this event when the, "taking the piss" started, which is why I haven't organised any meets since 2020.
BoB21
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 47 times
Great Britain

Post by BoB21 »

David. wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 11:12 pm This is the last of 5 Annual UK RT Meets organised by myself.

It was at this event when the, "taking the piss" started, which is why I haven't organised any meets since 2020.
This comment,( And why leave it 4 years to make above statment?) and your attitude over the last few years has finally got my goat and im not prepared to ignore the manipulative behaviour anymore.
I think you are wrong on the facts here as "taking the piss" started before 2020. I think it started year previously when you pulled a new attendee aside and what you said to them. You reep what you sow in this world.( For the record I didnt hear of this till 2021 meet when I said I wouldnt organize another event.) Dont like the idea of publicly posting personel comunications but the ball is in your court on that one if you try to deny facts.
When you said you would not be running another event with no explanation as to why?I voluntered to organize the next year event but after the barrarge of posts,texts,calls and emails from yourself trying to influence procedings. along with your negative and poking the bear comments about covid (even after I asked you not to you went ahead and posted an article along with a comment that you subsequently deleted which ironically contradicted what the article had said and was not positive and created the subsequent reactions on the forum) I decided just not worth it to organize another one. Also after you complained about what you percieved to be negative comments from one member i pointed out that it could have been said sincerely. You also expressed concern in one call about what was being said on FB and other private mediums and you didnt like it. In the subsequant email I pointed out to you that is exactly what you were doing by emailing and texting me. Also you sent your route not the planned route out to at least one member which added to confusion on the day.
2020 when road clousures destroyed your planned route and you had a near meltdown i took over and got us back on route. You also didnt like some of us questioning you on the way you overtake veichles pull in and then abrubptly slow down leaving anybody following hung out to dry in middle of the road and very dangerous. Ive personnaly witnessed car driver gesticulating when you forced him to slow down after doing this, which again makes it harder for others in group, overtaking an enraged driver.
2021 as above and then deleated all your posts making a complete mess of the thread. 15th feb 2021 you emailed me with a route you had propossed 2 hours after I announced where event happening. I WAS RUNNING EVENT. Personal texts started on 31 August 2020 11 texts in 2020 about wales. In 2021 52 texts till 11july 2021, 5 further texts in 2021after meet trying to influence 2022 meet to do the northumberland 250 with Sim. Funnily have only ever recieved one more text from you since on 25th december 2021 saying "cheers matey" after I must have wished all contacts merry xmas on my phone. Ironically not recieved any more texts from you to this day. Even after my email on 22nd febuary 2021 when I mentioned coming up to 1st anniversary of my mums passing and just lost a friend to Covid, that week you sent 9 texts and not one mention of condolances.
2022 you tried to lead a sub group on a route you had planned, and ignored our flashing lights and horns but we didnt follow, then you started going on about group rides procedures.
2023 You booked before anybody had voted on dates to get a cheap rate, then you took over answering questions from interested person. Then Admin stepped in to help get some order back on thread.
2024 You obviously were not happy about meet being arranged to go to Europe for this year. This had been suggested in 2020 by someone no longer active and had grown momentum over the years. In 2023 thread when Europe was suggested you were quick to mention that Mike had been voluntered to run event, which as I recal had been said as a bit of a flipant banter at the time but everyone happily agreed when Mike stepped forward.
Then in March 10th you started 2024 Annual (UK) RT Meet thread knowing full well that the annual meet was organized for Europe. On the 11th you stated " Hopefully, there will be a UK event in 2024. Should this happen, then 2025 will be the 10th Annual meet since they started in 2016." It would actually be the 11th as 2022 was the only one that mentioned the UK previously as far as im aware, it has always just been Annual RT meet. You also wrote on 11th "Perhaps something could be made of the meeting EasyRider has suggested for Wales" That is deliberatly trying to hijack and manipulate someone elses thread and meet up as you were not getting the response you desired.
Easyrider started South West & South Wales Area 9th march. viewtopic.php?t=7878 . Before anyone comments on this post at least carefully read this one thread in its entirety.
10th You, suggested meeting 136 miles away.
19th Mike asked Easyrider any more thoughts on meet up at brecons? you suggested "Rother Valley Country Park" which is 165 miles away.
20th 08:59 you, try to force a date midweek.
20th 09:37 Easyrider I will leave it till the end of the month, to give other a say as to what date is best for them and everyone.
It would be nice to get a 6+ size group of us together.
20th 09:47 again suggest halfway
21st 4:54pm you, " Pick a date from May 7, 8 or 9" yet again midweek and b4 end of month.
31st you, It's Sunday 31st, has a date in May been decided. again premature.
April 2nd 04:18 you sugest BH monday 6th never been one of options of Easyrider. also a link to your favored hotel chain premmier inn trying to sugest where to stay. bearing in mind this is only a day ride out.
2nd 06:57 You, Does BH Monday 6th May work for those who want to come but can't do midweek. This is not your meet.
4th you post that Markus hasnt even got a motorcycle.
10th 06:46 you, announce wont come if Markus not coming and incredulously you, "However, I would still consider meeting up halfway (125 miles) at Ilkeston and having a circular ride out from there. Something like this might work, the idea was taken out of the Readers Digest book, "The most anmazing scenic journeys in Britain"."
"How would this scenario fit with those others who are attending on BH Monday 6th May. Being more central, this may appeal to others too."
10th 4:17pm you, I've spoken to Markus and it's looking most unlikely that he'll have a new bike by Monday 6th May.
If this is the case, I will not be riding down to Abergavenny on my own.
How do those others who are attending feel about me starting another thread for a meet at Ilkeston on the same day. If it's a problem, I won't do it. I'll wait for any feedback from EasyRider, MikeS & BoB21 first, thank you. REALLY 365 days in year why on earth did you feel it had to be the same date?
10th 5:27pm you quote part of easyriders comment from his very first post a month previously as justifacation.
11th 07:47 you post a completly diffrent route than that of the organizers and one that he would not be able to do due to a health condition that he mentioned the day previously. Which his reply was quite despondent.
16th Even Easyrider confused as to who is organizing event!!!!!
May 4th announce not going.
6th announce turning up when everyone gone!!!!!! then pictures of you on your own.
When I was 18 and new to biking went to brighton burn up and was amazed and buzzing from experiance,so much so that I went back to brighton week after and of course a completly diffrent experiance and lesson learned in life.
Ive kept quite to you about this till now, but my wife has refused to attend any more meets you attend after ordering her dinner and you commented "are you going to eat all that" luckily my wife doesnt have an eating disorder but didnt eat her meal and was fuming. Appreciate not said in malice but seriously for someone so pious about what other people say!!!!
You have mentioned in the past about banter and childish behaviour putting new members off of attending events and then you have the audacity to hijack Easyriders thread for your own ends. A new member to the forum I may add. I sincerely hope he just gave up and thought not worth effort and nothing more serious has happened to him as he has dissapared off forum.

Havent posted this post lightly, and sincirily hope you can look at your actions and change your ways. Your not a bad bloke and extremly helpfull to the forum on research and answering questions, but this needs to stop. Im not perfect in any way and very outspoken but do listen when people raise issues. Evertime someone trys to highlight issue you wash over it and continue regardless but this year and this thread have reached new levels, and this is why I feel posting this is the only way to get you to really pay attention. The forum is for everyone.The First chapter of roadcraft if remember correctly is about self analysis.