General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 333 times
Great Britain

Rider's Manual - Service

Post by David. »

The Rider's Manual is also the Service log book. I have one blank page left for three more service stamps. After that, I'd have to purchase a new Rider's Manual for around £35. Don't think so, I'll photocopy the blank page a stick a few more pages in the book.

Another BMW rip off, I've had a VW car and a Yamaha motorcycle, they both needed new service log books. Both were provided FOC by the manufacturers, the latter also sent me some complimentary items too. So much for being a loyal BMW customer and maintaining a FBMWSH.
Last edited by David. on Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MikeS
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 49 times
Great Britain

Re: Rider's Manual - Service

Post by MikeS »

Why bother with stamps in the book? Is it not becoming a bit of an old fashioned way of proving the service history. The dealer has an electronic record and you have the  printed dealer invoices if you want to show something to any potential future purchaser.

Last edited by MikeS on Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

I'm old fashioned, I like stamps in the book. I don't suppose many folks keep their bikes for more than 12 years or 72,000 miles.
Last edited by David. on Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Graham88
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Graham88 »

The manual usually has a few actual blank pages in the back, seen those used before, should give you a few years yet if you haven't already used them?
Our Gee
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 2011
Been liked: 24 times
Great Britain

Post by Our Gee »

Seems that at the moment the Riders Manual for a Twin Cam RT is not that readily available.  Replying to my latest enquiry my BMW Dealer they tells me there is stock in Germany and it should take 3 to 5 working days. Mine has been on order for getting on for three weeks !!. At over £30 a pop you would think they would want to move them ASAP.
David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

The Rider's Manuals can be downloaded FOC from BMW Motorrad, this is the one for my 2012 Camhead,
https://manuals.bmw-motorrad.com/manual ... 0RT_01.pdf

Using the photocopied bank service page, a record for stamps could be created, saving £30.

Better than that, I've managed to save a copy of the Rider's Manual and print out the Service pages.
Last edited by David. on Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.