Newbie stupid questions...

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
Have i bought a money pit

Newbie stupid questions...

Post by Have i bought a money pit »

Hello can i fit a denali cansmart to a 2011 twin cam model
Thanks.
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 333 times
Great Britain

Re: Newbie stupid questions...

Post by David. »

The Denali website would suggest that the answer is yes, https://denalielectronics.com/collectio ... ead-series

Although described as Hexhead series, the vehicle fitment includes model years 2005-2013 i.e. Camhead too.

Thank you very much, i have searched online already, but i have had no luck.Thanks again.
bicyclenut
Bike Model and Year: 2010 R1200RT
United States of America

Post by bicyclenut »

As the Denali CANSMART is basically a relabeled and slightly modified HEX EZCan I am sure it should work as the EZCan works with camhead models 2010-2013, I have an EZCan on mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bicyclenut wrote: As the Denali CANSMART is basically a relabeled and slightly modified HEX EZCan I am sure it should work as the EZCan works with camhead models 2010-2013, I have an EZCan on mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi, thanks for that.Time to talk to the shop where I have my work done to see if they can sort something out for me.
They are replacing the left hand side switchgear soon. Looks like they are lots of trouble. Not what I expected from BMW. Very disappointing.
slowvet
Bike Model and Year: 2011 r1200rt
Has liked: 8 times
United States of America

Post by slowvet »

Have i bought a money pit wrote: Hi, thanks for that.Time to talk to the shop where I have my work done to see if they can sort something out for me.
They are replacing the left hand side switchgear soon. Looks like they are lots of trouble. Not what I expected from BMW. Very disappointing.

They’ll sort it for you, not to worry. I had mine done around ‘14 or so and my ‘11 has been trouble free since. No other issues with any other parts on the bike.