Sargent seat heating

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
Sprintgull

Sargent seat heating

Post by Sprintgull »

Afternoon All,
It's getting a bit brrr now and this morning I noticed that my Sargent seat is not getting hot.  I bought it in the summer from a guy who has sold his RT and it is in really good nick.  I'm guessing it should be plug'n'play (or heat) but it isn't.  Has anyone else had an issue with these on an LC?  Anyone fixed one themselves?  Anyone know someone in UK who can fix them?

Thank you.  Ho ho ho and all that.
zip50

Re: Sargent seat heating

Post by zip50 »

Mine suddenly stopped working last week after being fine for almost a year.  Let me know if you resolved this.
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Sargent have had issues with the heat not working, so much so, they changed the design of the heating last year.
Carlisja

Post by Carlisja »

They fixed mine twice under warranty.
Mr. James Carlisle  (703) 595-6360  --"It was exciting, and funny later, but nerve-racking at the time -- adventures suck when you're having them"      - Neil Peart, Roadshow
Rossyuk39
Bike Model and Year: RT 2015
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 5 times
Great Britain

Post by Rossyuk39 »

I have just bought a Sargent seat at the beginning of last month(UK), on fitting it and trying it out, even on no5 (the maximum heat setting) it was only getting warm. I contacted Sargent and they initially stated that the US was going to send them a seat, with an upgraded heat function FOC.

On the 11th November I was still waiting and contacted the firm for an update, apparently they (the UK) were still waiting to be informed, so I reluctantly requested a returns authorisation and the seat was collected and returned to them, I am now awaiting a refund, so I will have to research seats again  :(
Keep on the grey bits .....Rossy
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Rossyuk39 wrote: I have just bought a Sargent seat at the beginning of last month(UK),on fitting it and trying it out, even on no5 (the maximum heat setting) it was only getting warm. I contacted Sargent and they initially stated that the US was going to send them a seat, with an upgraded heat function FOC.

On the 11th November I was still waiting and contacted the firm for an update, apparently they (the UK) were still waiting to be informed, so I reluctantly requested a returns authorisation and the seat was collected and returned to them, I am now awaiting a refund, so I will have to research seats again  :(

I've had a few dealings with the UK Sargent crew when thinking about seat purchase. The US are quite often offering discounts and incentives, the UK never do, the price is the price. I have decided if I decide to get a Sargent seat, I will order one in the US when over there and carry it back.
Sprintgull

Post by Sprintgull »

An update:  Well there's actually no update.  I've been chasing Sargent UK since January and they say they are still waiting for an update from US.
Old-Git

Post by Old-Git »

I bought mine 2nd hand a few years ago, I don't think the heated element ever worked.