Has anyone managed to pair a TomTom rider 550 with BMW intercom

Having problems with the BMW Navigator V VI or the TFT display?
Nick Evans
Bike Model and Year: 2009 R1200RT
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times
Great Britain

Has anyone managed to pair a TomTom rider 550 with BMW intercom

Post by Nick Evans »

Does what it says on the tin. I can't pair my new(to me) Rider 550 with my System 6 helmet intercom. TomTom tech support is next to useless, I wonder if there is anyone out there who has a bit of wisdom. Of course I found this out after I had listed my Nav V on ebay and now it has gone to Latvia.
Peter Baker
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 6 times
Great Britain

Re: Has anyone managed to pair a TomTom rider 550 with BMW intercom

Post by Peter Baker »

I have not had a TomTom but what I can say is the BMW intercom systems are incredibly fussy for a Bluetooth device!  To get it to connect to my Nav V & VI devices in the past I had to try many many times, up to 40-50 attempts sometimes.  Worth trying these things: making sure it is the ONLY Bluetooth device on and in range when doing the pairing (had to turn my phone/TV/PC Bluetooth off as their signals were stronger than the helmet); Turning it off and on every few attempts and of course clearing all the old pairings.  I found the BMW Communicator System very fussy to get connected so keep trying:-) The good news is when it is connected I never had a problem with it re-establishing connection or getting disconnected...  Hope that helps, Peter