Cheap Seats

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
gogs01

Cheap Seats

Post by gogs01 »

I've just had an email from Nippy Normans telling me that Wunderlich are now doing rider and passenger seats for the R1250RT and R1200RT LC.

I can get an "Ergo" rider seat with seat heating and gel insert for only £619.  For a real bargain, how about the high version for only £549 ?  Much cheapness - how can they do it at those prices ?  :wonder:
My 4th R1200RT = 2016 (2017 MY) R1200RT LE
Reddog

Re: Cheap Seats

Post by Reddog »

I bought both the Wunderlich rider and pillion seat with gell insert and heated elements. I have to admit I thought the price was steep but they do do an exchange service so you get £250 per seat returned, dependant on the condition of your old seats. I was skeptical at first and with the bike being off the road for winter I was wondering if I’d done the right thing. However come March, before the lock down myself and my wife went out on the bike. All I can say is the seats are the best things I have ever bought for any bike. I was amazed at the comfort compared to the stock seats. I could only manage 40 miles with the stock, the Wunderlich seats so far have me and my wife covering 200 miles with no problem and we only stopped for a coffee and not through discomfort. I’ve previously ridden Harleys and always had to buy new seats due to me riding two up most of the time. In comparison the prices are about the same but the level of comfort of the Wunderlich seat is far superior. I know this sounds all gushy but the comfort transformation was unbelievable, I went from thinking that I just couldn’t get on with the bike and wishing I’d not bought it to now thoroughly enjoying every ride and being more than pleased with my purchase. 
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Seats, my favourite subject :) I do a lot of riding, so consider my bum to be riding fit. I covered over 20k on my 2014 RT, sometimes me and my good lady did 500 mile plus days with no issues at all. I have even covered 2500 in 4 days, again no discomfort. Now my year old 1250RT which I have managed a paltry 3k on, is absolutely not as comfortable as the one on my old RT. I have done some long days, but its not comfortable at all. I was thinking it needs to bed in, but seems not. Surely they are the same seats :) Anyway its got me looking at Sargent as I don't want to mess around importing a seat from the US. Haven't pulled the trigger yet, still in the decision phase :)

I even bought a rider cool cover, as that is supposed to improve comfort as well, nope, didn't do it for me.
Rossyuk39
Bike Model and Year: RT 2015
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 5 times
Great Britain

Post by Rossyuk39 »

[size=2px]I have just bought a Sargent seat at the beginning of last month(UK),on fitting it and trying it out, even on no5 (the maximum heat setting) it was only getting warm. I contacted Sargent and they initially stated that the US was going to send them a seat, with an upgraded heat function FOC.[/size][size=2px][size=2px][size=2px][size=2px]On the 11th November I was still waiting and contacted the firm for an update, apparently they (the UK) were still waiting to be informed, so I reluctantly requested a returns authorisation and the seat was collected and returned to them, I am now awaiting a refund, so I will have to research seats again  [/size][size=2px] apart from the seats mentioned here and the RDL, (I would have to purchase a second seat and send my original one off), has anyone found a different supplier and is happy with that seat, (I appreciate that it is very subjective).

Thanks in advance...

Rossy
Keep on the grey bits .....Rossy
wemi

Post by wemi »

Rossyuk39 wrote: I have just bought a Sargent seat at the beginning of last month(UK),on fitting it and trying it out, even on no5 (the maximum heat setting) it was only getting warm. I contacted Sargent and they initially stated that the US was going to send them a seat, with an upgraded heat function FOC.[/size]On the 11th November I was still waiting and contacted the firm for an update, apparently they (the UK) were still waiting to be informed, so I reluctantly requested a returns authorisation and the seat was collected and returned to them, I am now awaiting a refund, so I will have to research seats again  apart from the seats mentioned here and the RDL, (I would have to purchase a second seat and send my original one off),has anyone found a different supplier and is happy with that seat, (I appreciate that it is very subjective).

Thanks in advance...

Rossy

Try this[attachimg=1]
Attachments
RDL on R1250RT.jpg
Former K1600B GA Owner