Innovv K2 Camera

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
ymfb

Innovv K2 Camera

Post by ymfb »

Today I harvested my Innovv K2 from the GSA ready for the imminent arrival later this week of the RT.

Assuming someone else has likely fitted the same system I’d be grateful for any tips or photos.

TIA
ymfb

Innovv K2 Camera - Power supply

Post by ymfb »

Maybe this camera is a first for this forum.

Can anyone offer advice and photos on taking a switched power supply from the rear light for such a system?
michaelc2710
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 29 times
Great Britain

Re: Innovv K2 Camera

Post by michaelc2710 »

Hi,
I took my switched live from the Hex ezcan I'd fitted but you can also take it from the rear power socket.
Graham88
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Graham88 »

Drive a relay from the rear light, and power from the battery.
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

There have been a few that have fitted the camera, do a search and you should be able to find threads
bicyclenut
Bike Model and Year: 2010 R1200RT
United States of America

Post by bicyclenut »

I installed a Innovv K2 system on my 2010 RT. I mounted the DVR under the seat with velcro. I put the front camera behind the windscreen to give a bit of a rider perspective and to offer some protection from lens.  I mounted it on a mount I found on Amazon off of my GPS rail on top of dash. For the rear camera I drilled a small hole in rear lens assembly and mounted it to the right of the brake light. In many conditions you can see a bit of glow from the brake light in the video to show when braking at the edge of the screen. I powered the unit from a fuseblock I have under the seat and I ran the relay to power on the unit from the phone power lead off my HEX EzCAN. This way the unit powers on and off when the bike is powered on or off.

With the front camera behind the screen it is protected but there are some situations due to screen that there can be some glare, although same thing could happen with lens in sunlight. Also I make sure to clean area where camera is on screen to keep a clear view, again, something could get lens dirty and distort or block view, but its one or the other and I liked the position behind the screen.

[attach=1] 
Attachments
IMG_3941.JPG
bicyclenut
United States of America

Post by bicyclenut »

This is the view from the camera as mounted above. I pulled some video to make a movie, but is shows you the angles and view you get from these mounting positions. For some reason at this point of day after stop the GPS wasn't getting a fix or there was an issue as no speed shows, was working earlier and later in day so not sure why at this point.

https://youtu.be/8oEllEAXkzU
Last edited by bicyclenut on Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ymfb

Post by ymfb »

Bicyclenut, thanks very much for that, most helpful.
scunny12
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: 1200RT LE 2015
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 36 times
Great Britain

Post by scunny12 »

bicyclenut wrote: This is the view from the camera as mounted above. I pulled some video to make a movie, but is shows you the angles and view you get from these mounting positions. For some reason at this point of day after stop the GPS wasn't getting a fix or there was an issue as no speed shows, was working earlier and later in day so not sure why at this point.

https://youtu.be/8oEllEAXkzU
Nice video.  The actual road surface looks pretty poor, is that normal US country road surface? Perhaps I should re think what I consider poor road surface in the UK. :)
bicyclenut
United States of America

Post by bicyclenut »

Scunny12,

I think it just depends on where you are are when road was resurfaced last. There are some really great roads with great road surfaces and sometimes there are some great roads with curves and you just wish they would fix the pavement. For pretty hilly twisty road for the Midwest, it was a bit disappointing that the road was not better. Who knows, you could go back and would be brand new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
davef1uk

Post by davef1uk »

bicyclenut wrote: For some reason at this point of day after stop the GPS wasn't getting a fix or there was an issue as no speed shows, was working earlier and later in day so not sure why at this point.
Did you get sorted on the GPS of your device?
If not, if this helps, or others reading this thread.. when I had my 2010 1200RT u put the GPS under the right panel fairing .. when removed, their is a moulded dip which is clear of the panel.. it does advice you to place the GPS as high up on your bike and not under seat or near too much obstruction. Hope this helps!
Motorbiking is a life, not a hobby.  Ride with Pride.  😜