THE WAIT GOES ON

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
guest2360

THE WAIT GOES ON

Post by guest2360 »

I have managed to buy an LE which like them all is awaiting its new rear shock.  My dealer has 13 RTs waiting for the same thing but things are starting to happen.  From the UK the complete shocks are being returned to the factory and them returned to be put back on the original bike.  Mine left last week by courier but they do not know when it will be returned.  So for the moment its garage cleaning time.  Also got to learn to put music in my Navigator V as I have no audio unit.
chrisvh

Re: THE WAIT GOES ON

Post by chrisvh »

I am in the same position. A bit frustrating. My dealer provided a GS for a holiday to France. Nice bike and a good all-rounder.Much prefer the RT for comfort.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

If you haven't already I would give them a ring to make sure its shock has been removed and sent. Its probably first come first served at the suppliers.
Pope

Post by Pope »

My dealer has my RT, along with 12 others. All of them have had their shocks removed and sent away..
I'm really missing my RT, as i think it might be the best bike i've ever owned/ridden (and i've had dozens over the last 38years)

I'm currently using a new r1200GSLE, which is ok, but its not a patch on the new RT.
The GS in very buzzy, noisy, buffety, and slower than the RT.

I had a R1200GSA TC before the RT, and i prefer that older bike to the new GS.. :-\ [size=78%] [/size]

oh well...the wait goes on indeed...  :(
Garage: 2016 BMW R1200RTLE Iconic #26, 2016 Ducati Diavel Titanium, 2015 Ninja H2 missile, 2013 BMW 640d Ragtop, 2014 VeeDub T5 180 Sportline
beemerbaz
Been liked: 1 time

THE WAIT GOES ON

Post by beemerbaz »

RTman10 wrote:
  Also got to learn to put music in my Navigator V as I have no audio unit.
Have you got an 2nd SD/XD card to install ? Added a 30gb one to mine with about 10gb of music on it.
Last edited by beemerbaz on Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Love my family almost as much as my 90th anniversary RT
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

beemerbaz wrote: Have you got an 2nd SD/XD card to install ? Added a 30gb one to mine with about 10gb of music on it.
[/quote
Got an 8gb in it. There is no map detail on it. Did you load the music with the card installed in the Navy? ]
beemerbaz
Been liked: 1 time

Post by beemerbaz »

RTman10 wrote: Got an 8gb in it. There is no map detail on it. Did you load the music with the card installed in the Navy? ]
I use the internal memory for the mapping and installed a 2nd card for my music. You can either load music by connecting Sat Nav to PC and exploring the drive and dragging music on to it, alternatively add all your music onto the card before you install into the Sat Nav.
Love my family almost as much as my 90th anniversary RT
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Thanks very much.