General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Talisker
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT LE 2020
Been liked: 2 times
Great Britain

Re: Buying advice/opinions

Post by Talisker »

GREATSCOT wrote:
Hi Talisker, thanks for feedback and info.  Good to hear from you, I have previously been a neighbour of yours as I used to 'bide' in Newmachar!  Working down south at moment but home and residence still up your way, just further south now.  Bypass has made a brilliant  difference when parambulating around the city, I imagine you see the benefits of it?

Looking forward to getting an RT, and eventually getting some miles done on it. Did you buy yours from John Clark or elsewhere?

Fit like min!  Yup got mine at John Clark, traded in a K1600GTLE.  The (40 years late) Aberdeen by-pass is a real boost! Hope you get a good deal on your RT.  Excellent machine.  Mine has exceeded all expectations.
GREATSCOT

Post by GREATSCOT »

Chaffin awabe!  Great bike the K1600.  I had a K1600B with nice set of quad Remus pipes fitted.  Also had a stunning K1600GT with the Akra exhausts.  The GT I just found too top heavy and actually struggled to establish a really comfortable all-day riding position.  Fantastic engine but on a purely personal basis I find the shiftcam engine has even more character and feels like a 600 after the GT!

Anyway, put a deposit down today on a Manhattan Metallic RT.  No rush to have it delivered as all I'll be doing is polishing it at the moment, then polishing it again just to be sure!!  At least it will have a serious layer of protection on it by the time it gets on the tarmac.  We may even manage a rendezvous during the summer!....
Dartman340ta

Post by Dartman340ta »

I’m not a fan of any of it.  No Navi no radio  just a map and some clean air.  I bought a 15 rt with nothing on it.  That other stuff is just something else to go wrong / give you headaches.  I don’t ride hwy ways all back roads.
Talisker
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT LE 2020
Been liked: 2 times
Great Britain

Post by Talisker »

GREATSCOT wrote: Chaffin awabe!  Great bike the K1600.  I had a K1600B with nice set of quad Remus pipes fitted.  Also had a stunning K1600GT with the Akra exhausts.  The GT I just found too top heavy and actually struggled to establish a really comfortable all-day riding position.  Fantastic engine but on a purely personal basis I find the shiftcam engine has even more character and feels like a 600 after the GT!

Anyway, put a deposit down today on a Manhattan Metallic RT.  No rush to have it delivered as all I'll be doing is polishing it at the moment, then polishing it again just to be sure!!  At least it will have a serious layer of protection on it by the time it gets on the tarmac.  We may even manage a rendezvous during the summer!....

Nae bother, enjoy the polishing.  Give me a shout when you are ready for a blast around the shire.