Schubert C4 SC1(Standard) Set Up

Got any questions about the BMW's R1200RT/R1250RT's onboard audio, Bluetooth or the Electrical system?
Douglas
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2019
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time
Gibraltar

Schubert C4 SC1(Standard) Set Up

Post by Douglas »

Hi Guys,

Got 2 Schubert C4's (Rider and Pillion) and I recently got the SC1 Standard bluetooth coms for them. The comms were ok to set up and pair but I am having some problems with the intercom. I can speak to the pillion ok, but only if I start the conversation manually, i.e by pressing the + and - buttons. I cannot enable the VOX intercom. Basically what this means is that at the moment, the intercom stays open with the pillion all through the ride and I can only switch it off manually. This is not ideal as there is a lot of wind noise all the time. If the VOX activated intercom were to be enabled, the intercom shuts off after 20 seconds, if both of us remain silent, and can be reactivated if any one of us says "Hallo" or blows into the microphone, which is ideal.

I do not have a smart phone (Yes I know) but I have upgraded the firmware and configured the device settings on both the helmets by downloading the Schubert Sena App on my iMac and still I do not get the voice prompts in the configuration menu of the helmets which say "VOX intercom". I think that is the root of the problem. :eek:

I have contacted Schubert several times, giving them a step by step description of what I have done and they reply that all the steps I have taken are the correct ones, but the VOX intercom still doesn't work.

I have also contacted SENA but their replies are useless.

Has anyone out there had the same problems as me and if so how have you sorted it out?

Regards