New 2020 or wait for the '21?

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Rick G

Re: New 2020 or wait for the '21?

Post by Rick G »

I am still waiting for BMW to loosen their wallets and offer some incentives so I can close my deal on my bike!  My dealer thinks they will come March 1st.  I shall report back.

Rick G
panaray

Post by panaray »

I pulled the trigger to buy a 2020 back in October, right before the announcement for the 2021. I’m glad I got it, despite the leaking calipers. (Mine were oozing out brake fluid)
[size=78%] [/size]

The basic mechanics appear to be virtually identical, so I assume the ride-feel will not change over mine. The electronic ride aids and TFT[size=78%] offer real benefits for cars, but for bikes they don’t interest me (....ok, may be a little).[/size][size=78%] [/size]

What I have noticed after switching from a 2011 is that the new bike feels much bigger—and the additional ~50 lbs has changed the way the bike handles. 
Instead of purely adding electronic riding aids, perhaps BMW’s product planners and engineers consider giving it a serious weight reduction for the next full model change.

Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Rick G wrote: I am still waiting for BMW to loosen their wallets and offer some incentives so I can close my deal on my bike!  My dealer thinks they will come March 1st.  I shall report back.

Rick G

You'll have to let us know how you get on. According to my dealer they have sold more bikes than before Covid and they are having trouble getting used stock to sell. People apparently have loads of spare cash as they haven't been holidaying etc. Which all leads up to they won't have to discount much to sell new stock as supply won't meet demand. But all that could be bull of course :)