Weather Protection - Infill Panels

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 332 times
Great Britain

Weather Protection - Infill Panels

Post by David. »

Whilst on the subject of weather protection with fender/mudguard extenders, how about some infill panels,
https://pyramid-plastics.co.uk/collecti ... ill-panels

I can't work out why Pyramid are nearly half the price of Puig. Has anyone fitted either or both and got any comments on quality and effectiveness etc.
Steve398
Bike Model and Year: R1200RTLC, 2018
Has liked: 261 times
Been liked: 217 times
Isle of Wight

Re: Weather Protection - Infill Panels

Post by Steve398 »

Perhaps because Puig are made in Barcelona, whereas Pyramid Products were (I believe) originated in Lincolnshire.

I’ve has Pyramid stuff before and the quality was pretty good, but I haven’t had the infills mentioned.
Our Gee
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 2011
Been liked: 24 times
Great Britain

Post by Our Gee »

I had "In Fills" on two of my RT's. I can't remember the manufacturer but they where probably Pyramid. The quality of mine, where a bit "iffy". I recall having to "reinforce" then after a couple of years use. I did like the appearance when fitted as they filled in the "hole" just above the Pillion Footrest and complimented the lines of the bike in that area. Although I do appreciate that this will be down to individual taste. We did notice that my wife's boots did not seem to get as dirty or wet with the infills fitted. Access for cleaning around the Swinging Arm was not affected as I don't make use of the "Hole" for that purpose. The current selling price of around £50 does seem a lot for two pieces of plastic (yes I know, moulds have to be made, tooling designed and the production run will be quite small by general standards). If someone can get some made in China for around half the price I would probably go for them.
Steve398
Isle of Wight

Post by Steve398 »

Pyramid Products don’t do one for the ‘14-19 R1200RTLC, so it’s Hornig or Puig with associated costs of about £108 instead of about £50!

PeteM

Post by PeteM »

I had the Wunderlich version on my previous bike. Did not bother with the current one
Steve398
Isle of Wight

Post by Steve398 »