General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 332 times
Great Britain

BMW Bike & Car Parts

Post by David. »

I've been sent this link, https://bmwsupply.co.uk/?gclid=Cj0KCQiA ... TsEALw_wcB there are great graphics to help identify what you need.

Access to all BMW bike parts and car parts then click “Search Parts” where it’s asks for serial number, use the last 7 digits of the vehicles chassis/vin number be it a bike or Car including Mini, this will take you to your actual bike or car etc. parts the diagrams will enlarge when double clicked on and the part numbers are displayed below they are accurate for you to use in purchasing from UK dealers In addition when you get a part number, you can cut and paste it into the part number search section and it will identify all other bikes that the part is used on, so if your looking for a used part it really helps.
Toaster
Bike Model and Year: 2019 BMW R1250RT
Been liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Re: BMW Bike & Car Parts

Post by Toaster »

Thanks for the post David.....this is REALLY useful....be
BoB21
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 34 times
Great Britain

Post by BoB21 »

excellent well done David.

David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

I recently ordered a tube of assembly grease from the Vertu BMW car dealership in Stockton. Obviously, it's not a motorcycle specific part. However, I was encouraged when the parts guy said if I provide a part number, they could order in motorcycle parts for collection. This will save me a 70 miles round trip to Sunderland and back. It seems that Vertu are getting their act together, selling cars and bikes from some of the same dealerships.
sakm
Administrator
Bike Model and Year: 2016 R1200RT
Has liked: 436 times
Been liked: 388 times
Great Britain

Post by sakm »

I have always struggled with places in the UK to see parts for sale so I will check this out
David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

Vertu BMW cars were true to their word, gave them a part # and they said it could be ordered in to collect, inc. 10% Vertu Motorcycle Club discount.

If you've got a BMW car dealer nearer than your local Motorrad dealer, it might be worth a try too. Unless it's because Vertu do cars and bikes.
sakm
Administrator
Bike Model and Year: 2016 R1200RT
Has liked: 436 times
Been liked: 388 times
Great Britain

Post by sakm »

Food for thought there David when the time arises I will ask at the local dealers if not Grimsby and York aren't too far away

and the bonus is York is a decent ride from here 8-)
David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

It worked again, ordered some parts yesterday from Vertu BMW Teesside (cars only) and picked them up today.

You have to provide the part number as they don't have access to the BMW Motorrad systems. Easy enough to do by looking at RealOEM and/or MAX BMW.