Insurance and warranty UK

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
BoB21
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 34 times
Great Britain

Re: Insurance and warranty UK

Post by BoB21 »

Well done David on sterling work regarding BMW, but just to clarify have you got written proof or just verbal communication?
p.s  feel free to check out other Manufacturers at your leisure. :alas: ;) [size=78%]  [/size]
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 332 times
Great Britain

Re: Insurance and warranty UK

Post by David. »

In October 2014, I bought a used 2012 Camhead. It was over 2 years old, therefore, sold with a 1 Year BMW Used Bike Warranty.

In November 2014, I had some correspondence by email with BMW Insured Warranty Services so have something in writing.

"Under the terms of the policy you may have your motorcycle serviced by any VAT registered garage as long as they use official BMW parts."

Since then, I've had a BMW Motorrad Insured Warranty on a "pay as you go" monthly basis.

Have got it in writing that both Hi-Flo and Mahle oil filters can be used as these are both considered to be of equivalent quality to an OEM filter and will not affect my warranty in any way. Likewise with oil, providing it meets the recommended specifications, I can provide my own to Allan Jefferies (BMW dealer) for use during a service. After providing AJ's with a copy of the Motul oil spec. sheet, got that in writing too.
Last edited by David. on Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.