R1250RT Camera mount

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
Gavj
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2020
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 15 times
Great Britain

R1250RT Camera mount

Post by Gavj »

Anyone sucessfully mounted a go pro or similar to their RT? Had a quick search and can only see the bracket type that sits in front of the screen,, not so keen on that type.
AusBiker
Australia

Re: R1250RT Camera mount

Post by AusBiker »

Hello Gavj, Wunderlich also produce a front camera mount that mounts under the headlight. Product code 44600-610.  Personally I have not tried but it may be suitable to your requirements.[size=24px]Image
PeteM

Post by PeteM »

AusBiker wrote: Hello Gavj, Wunderlich also produce a front camera mount that mounts under the headlight. Product code 44600-610.  Personally I have not tried but it may be suitable to your requirements.Image

I've got one of these and it works very well. I get good clear shots. I have a GoPro remote mounted on the handlebars to turn it on and off. You can mount the camera on either the top or bottom, I mount it on the top.

On my old bike I had one of the ones that mount in front of the screen like this one. That worked well as well but I think I prefer the one above
Gavj
Great Britain

Post by Gavj »

Thanks both,, not so keen on the under light version, was thinking more about around the bars / not sure about how behind the screen would work..
PeteM

Post by PeteM »

I would forget behind screen, all the tiny scratches you cannot see will show up.

The advantages of the under light bracket compared to the other one I mention are the it does not move if you adjust the screen and you have more choice over how to position and direct it. It is also less visible if you leave it on the bike unattended, for instance whilst paying for petrol.

I did look if there was anywhere else to mount it but the they all had vibration problems.
Blackrat
Great Britain

Post by Blackrat »

I have a garmin virb camera mounted using the screen mount. It obviously moves with the screen but the field of vision is such that there's little effect on the picture. I have the camera hard wired to the bike so no battery issues, and I can control it from the nav vi.

Gary
Sharkfighter
Bike Model and Year: 2013 1200RT
Great Britain

Post by Sharkfighter »

I've got my camera mounted on the BMW sat nav bracket above the dash. It’s behind the screen and it’s cristal clear .
Gavj
Great Britain

Post by Gavj »

will have a look at the weekend, like the idea of being able to use the Nav VI to control it, will look into that