Black Widow Exhausts - 1 year on

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
Old-Git

Black Widow Exhausts - 1 year on

Post by Old-Git »

Well the first photo is a reminder of what the blackwidowexhausts for the LC look like when they are new. Second photo shows them after a year / 5k miles. Probably mostly my fault, my cleaning regime needs some work, although in  my defence I can't kneel down so anything below cylinder height gets neglected, except for once a year when the bike goes up on the ramp for servicing and deep cleaning, which I couldn't do until spring as the garage was too full of bikes and pushbikes.So, I have taken the exhaust off again, and off to be Ceramic coated, by the same bloke who powder coated my wheels. See last 2 pics. Shoulda done this in the first place I guess.....
Attachments
IMG_1541.JPG
IMG_1547.JPG
tarnished 1.jpg
blackwidow exhaust.jpg
burridge01
Bike Model and Year: Modified "16" R1200RT
Been liked: 192 times
Great Britain

Re: Black Widow Exhausts - 1 year on

Post by burridge01 »

OOF,that is 1 lovely looking pipe and can set up.If you don't mind(can tell me to bugger off)what was the total cost and did you get the bike remapped/dynoed.What were the gains.
I have Arrow headers and Acky pipe on me GSF 1250 with a fuel Commander,was set up on the dyno and transformed the power delivery and ride.Came in around £1500 all in and in my mind was worth every penny.I quite fancy your set up on my LC.
Last edited by burridge01 on Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Old-Git

Post by Old-Git »

It was 290 for the headers, 120 for ceramic coating, 40-50 for the servo eliminator. Akra was 500 2nd hand. K&N air filter 70 iirc. Not yet dyno'ed or remapped, but will be when circumstances allow. Sound is lovely - quiet enough around towns etc, and manageable on the open road dependant on throttle use. But when you do wind it on..... glorious. https://youtu.be/3aDyFyFb44I
burridge01
Bike Model and Year: Modified "16" R1200RT
Been liked: 192 times
Great Britain

Post by burridge01 »

Thanks for the reply.Will you be fitting a power commander/fuel commander or does the LC re invent itself.Will definitely be changing the end can on mine but not 100% sure on going the whole hog. Had me 16 plate LC 8 months now and not done 1 mile on it :alas: So I've no idea of the power yet.
Old-Git

Post by Old-Git »

burridge01 wrote: Thanks for the reply.Will you be fitting a power commander/fuel commander or does the LC re invent itself.Will definitely be changing the end can on mine but not 100% sure on going the whole hog. Had me 16 plate LC 8 months now and not done 1 mile on it :alas: So I've no idea of the power yet.
I've not added a power commander or similar, and not going to - I change my plugs every year and the electrode colour is spot on, so presumably the EFI learns any change to setup etc. HTH