Optimate 4 - Canbus Circuit

Got any questions about the BMW's R1200RT/R1250RT's onboard audio, Bluetooth or the Electrical system?
exportman
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2023
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 40 times
Great Britain

Re: Optimate 4 - Canbus Circuit

Post by exportman »

David. wrote: Yes it is, out of interest, has your Optimate got reverse polarity protection.

Yes  optimate 4 dual program has inverse connection protection  :)
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 333 times
Great Britain

Post by David. »

exportman wrote:Yes, Optimate 4 dual program has inverse connection protection.
Can't go wrong then!
Eddiex
Great Britain

Post by Eddiex »

I have a 2014 LC RT. During garage storage and battery charging I use an old Optimate 3 (the ones with the older white plastic connectors). I have fitted the 2 eye fly lead directly the battery terminals and leave the lead under the riders seat with the connector just hanging out for easy access.

In order to use a small tyre inflator pump thingy would one of these accessory leads work without causes any problems to the electrical circuits?

Optimate TM72 AccuMate Plug Lead

https://www.amazon.co.uk/OptiMate-TM72- ... B001O1Y9BU

Thanks

David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

Eddiex wrote:In order to use a small tyre inflator pump thingy would one of these accessory leads work without causes any problems to the electrical circuits?
I use a homemade version of this Optimate lead connected directly to the battery via the fused 2 eye fly lead for my tyre compressor which has a male plug on it.

https://www.optimate.co.uk/products/tm68-cig-socket
Eddiex
Great Britain

Post by Eddiex »

David. wrote: I use a homemade version of this Optimate lead connected directly to the battery via the fused 2 eye fly lead for my tyre compressor which has a male plug on it.

https://www.optimate.co.uk/products/tm68-cig-socket

Thanks - actually on checking, the one in my link wouldn't work whereas your suggestion would, as it's the female ended fly lead that I would need.

I just need to check that my compressor is fuse protected which I guess it will be.
David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

Eddiex wrote:I just need to check that my compressor is fuse protected which I guess it will be.
Had the male plug apart on my compressor to re-solder a wire, there was a glass type fuse in the plug.
Eddiex
Great Britain

Post by Eddiex »

David. wrote: Had the male plug apart on my compressor to re-solder a wire, there was a glass type fuse in the plug.

Thanks again - just checked mime it also has a glass fuse in the end so looks like that solution will be perfect for me!