Headlight bulbs

Having Problems with your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT? or have some Maintenance and Service questions?
stever1

Headlight bulbs

Post by stever1 »

1 bulb blew, so I thought i'll replace them both !!!. What a mess about, in the end I removed the fairing side panels to make it easier to reach in.
Hands ripped to shreds now...... sob,sob  ;D
guest2360

Re: Headlight bulbs

Post by guest2360 »

Yep not so easy. If you have cruise control the right one is very difficult and its easier if you attack it from underneath and from the front. You should be able to reach in from the back on the left.
beemerbaz
Been liked: 1 time

Post by beemerbaz »

Because I replaced my headlights with HID it makes the side lights look very dim so I plan to exchange them with LED lights, has anyone done this ?
Love my family almost as much as my 90th anniversary RT
stever1

Post by stever1 »

beemerbaz wrote: Because I replaced my headlights with HID it makes the side lights look very dim so I plan to exchange them with LED lights, has anyone done this ?
Hmmm, HID's tell me more
beemerbaz
Been liked: 1 time

Post by beemerbaz »

Love my family almost as much as my 90th anniversary RT
guest2383

Post by guest2383 »

Sorry guys but I disagree.

I've read all about the shredded fingers etc on changing the headlamps on the RT - especially the RHS, but one of mine went a couple of weeks ago and decided to change both (to ensure colour match - sad isn't it?)

Anyway, I thought I'd have a go and did both within 10 - 15 mins without any hassle.

If anyone needs help and is near the Wirral, please PM me and I am happy to do them for you  :D