Media Player - Nav VI

Having problems with the BMW Navigator V VI or the TFT display?
Gavj
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2020
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 15 times
Great Britain

Media Player - Nav VI

Post by Gavj »

I may be missing something but Im a bit dissapointed re the ability to control the music player from the handlebars. I was expecting to be able to browse my music library, pause / play etc but all I can do is change from the map screen to the media player screen? Am I missing something or is that it?
Twodog

Re: Media Player - Nav VI

Post by Twodog »

This was initially a big deal for me on my 2017 RT.  You should be able to Fast Forward, Rewind, view play lists, on the media screen.  You'll need to make sure your phone is Bluetooth to your GPS unit then headset is Bluetooth to the GPS unit.  I never used to use this functionality and just go from phone to headset, but it would seems that some updates have made this combination much more functional for me. 
Son observe the time and fly from evil. Ecc.IV.23
Arek
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 7 times
Great Britain

Post by Arek »

To be honest I can't do anything with media on my 2019 as well. I have media as a MP3 stored on unit, headset connected to Nav VI, and phone also via Nav VI. So all like it should be.
Never been able to switch song or browse library.
I think it might be because I do not have radio system on board. As I found it waste of money to pay extra £1500 for something I already have via headset.
Gavj
Great Britain

Post by Gavj »

Thanks both, my phone is connected to the Nav and then the nav to my headset, I dont use the phone for music, like Arek I have music stored on the Nav's memory card. Very limited functionality via the handlebar controls. I did notice last weekend that the voice commands on my Scala headset did control the Nav, but only "music on" and "music off". Need to read the Scala manual again, there is probably other voice commands, I would still prefer to use the bar controls.
Arek
Great Britain

Post by Arek »

My Cardo control music well. Off, On, next song, previous. So it is OK for me. I never browsing my library when I'm riding. Considering that not really the safest way.
And browse when I'm stationary even in gloves is OK using nav VI screen.
I didn't mentioned about voice commands from headset because you asked specifically about BMW "wonder wheel" controls.

Gavj
Great Britain

Post by Gavj »

Thanks Arek, I dont normally browse on the move either, but I would if I could do it with my hands on the bars.

Will have a go at the voice commands at the weekend, I have started using the radio on the Cardo when the album Im listening to ends.... it's easier.
PeteM

Post by PeteM »

You can skip tracks and go back from the magic wheel which to be honest is the only thing I would want to be doing on the move.
Arek
Great Britain

Post by Arek »

That's the point. I can't do that. Try many times, and just stop trying.
PeteM do you have full BMW audio system? if not maybe I'm doing something wrong then.
PeteM

Post by PeteM »

No audio, just Nav VI blue toothing to a Sena headset.

In the middle of something at the moment but will pop out to the garage later and make some notes and take some pics to explain how to do it as it took me a while to figure out.
PeteM

Post by PeteM »

Right here goes (sorry about poor quality photos)...

Go to the music player page on the Nav, Not very easier to see but the skip forward and back buttons on the touch screen have a + and - above them respectively, see
https://photos.app.goo.gl/9UikEF5dzVgaCiWP7

When you are in the Nav section on the magic wheel just below the Page option are the two options "Zoom +" and "Zoom -", see
https://photos.app.goo.gl/mxcnmTFvAe9jEgQ2A

The + and - symbol are the visual links between the buttons on the GPS and the magic wheel. So you select "Zoom +" on the magic wheel and operate by pushing sideways as normal to skip forward and similar on "Zoom -" to move backwards.

Totally intuitive (NOT).

Hope this helps
Last edited by PeteM on Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gavj
Great Britain

Post by Gavj »

Thanks Pete
Arek
Great Britain

Post by Arek »

Thanks Pete. I'll definitely will go and check it today in garage.
Arek
Great Britain

Post by Arek »

PeteM. Thanks again for tips. Honestly I will never figure out it by myslef. It is so not intuitive that I'm never thought about using it that way. And I'm dead serious, never.
I can confirm it is working, but voice commands from my Cardo are way better, quicker, and for me honestly it is still distraction as I have to choose the right menu when riding.
I'll stick with other ways.