Phone Mounting Options - Please Help

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
rnelson955

Re: Phone Mounting Options - Please Help

Post by rnelson955 »

I had problems too with a Galaxy S10 and BMW suggested things to fix.  This thread has more info:

viewtopic.php?t=6.45

I'll give those tips a try, thanks! Although I'm not sure it's related to keeping the app on....it fails to connect immediately.

Why not take the case off your S9+ and donate it to the bike, it becomes your "Bike Phone".  You don't need a Sim unless you want to make calls.

This is certainly an option. I do like to be able to accept or make calls on the bike, but I can probably live without it.

You should check out the POI options under Navigation.  If for example you are on a route and you want to find fuel or a hotel the POI's on the bike will work for you and navigate you to your destination, that part is good.

I'll have a play around with it, if I can get the app working consistently.

Thanks for the detailed response mate, much appreciated. be
DavidMcK

Post by DavidMcK »

"I'll give those tips a try, thanks! Although I'm not sure it's related to keeping the app on....it fails to connect immediately."

Correct, it takes about a minute to load the maps. You will see your headset connecting first then the Bluetooth part of the maps i.e. directions, the wireless part of the maps is the final bit to load.

Your S9 should be very similar to my S10, another very important switch is  this one.

Settings
Connections
Wi-Fi
Top right click three dots
Advanced
Turn on Wi-Fi automatically, disable this

This setting will turn Wi-Fi on and off depending on where you are, so you think you have switched on Wi-Fi (cause you need it for the maps) and this dammed switch will turn it off on you.
Last edited by DavidMcK on Thu May 06, 2021 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rick G

Post by Rick G »

I bought this.  Works well.  Cheap too.

[size=2px]https://www.ebay.com/itm/333850165810[/size]
[size=2px]
[/size]

Rick G
[size=2px]
[/size]
[size=2px]Rick G[/size]
rnelson955

Post by rnelson955 »

Rick G wrote: I bought this.  Works well.  Cheap too.

Rick G

That looks perfect mate.....thanks! Any idea what the torque setting for that bolt should be when it's done up again? Or should I just use the highly scientific "tighten the crap out of it" technique?

Cheers,
Rick

Rick G

Post by Rick G »

I had the dealer install during 600 mile service.  I would think it is the same torque as the bolt it replaces in handlebar.  Not that I know what that is!

Rick G
PeteM

Post by PeteM »

rnelson955 wrote:
That looks perfect mate.....thanks! Any idea what the torque setting for that bolt should be when it's done up again? Or should I just use the highly scientific "tighten the crap out of it" technique?

Cheers,
Rick

That's a copy of the Wunderlich stub I mentioned earlier, the Wunderlich instructions say 30Nm
rnelson955

Post by rnelson955 »

Legend, thanks mate! be