Introduction

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Viper777

Introduction

Post by Viper777 »

Hi all, I am new to this forum. I have been riding for over 30 years.                                                                  I have just purchased a 2021 R1250 RT. Manhattan Mettalic, all the right stuff ordered on it.M
Not sure of the exact delivery date, but it could be a couple of months before I can get my hands on it.
My previous bikes have been a HD Road King, Honda Goldwing 1800, K1200LT, K1600 GTL. I have decided to ride solo now so I don't need the bigger bikes but still want something nice around me. My riding has been primarily western Canada and the US.
I am now in retirement after 40 years of flying for Air Canada and enjoying every minute of it. I have been on previous forums and have found many useful topics in them throughout the years.
Looking forward to this forum and possibly chatting with some of you.

Cheers Jim

Jim
scunny12
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: 1200RT LE 2015
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 36 times
Great Britain

Re: Introduction

Post by scunny12 »

Welcome Jim from across the pond. You will find many knowledgeable folk on here, good luck with the new ride.
Boxflyer
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Boxflyer »

Deleted
Last edited by Boxflyer on Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
hammo
Bike Model and Year: 2019 1250rtle
Been liked: 20 times
Great Britain

Post by hammo »

Welcome from the brits my friend hope you enjoy the forum !!!!!!
BoB21
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 37 times
Great Britain

Post by BoB21 »

Welcome and enjoy.
Viper777

Post by Viper777 »

Thanks, Boxflyer / Brad, I will probably have some questions in the future.
I spent the last 7 years on the 777. Flying the actual airplane and the layovers are the only things I miss. I don't miss all the rest of the crap that had to go with it.
Have fun in the Rockies.
Jim
jackronner
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 9 times
United States of America

Post by jackronner »

Welcome Viper777,  Given the plane you flew, I guess I know why you have some wide-body bikes in your past.  You're going to love the RT, handles more like a fighter.  BTW, T-6pilot is also on this forum.  Flies out of Chino, CA.  You might have seen me around Vancouver on my prior, red, 1200RT while visiting my sister in Kitsilano. Made the trip up from the S.F. Bay Area every year until COVID.  Can't wait to get back up there, but this summer it's Europe where I plan to buy yet another RT to leave with a French pal.  That's my retirement plan.

DavidMcK

Post by DavidMcK »

Hi I moved back to the RT after having 3 K16's.  Now have a 21 RT in Blue.  You will probably need the help of the forum to iron out issues with the TFT and phones etc.

After a month, I have got things settled to the point I can now enjoy the bike.  I have put up some stuff on this forum about the issues and have more details on the LT forum.