Autocom

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
jjwill
Bike Model and Year: RT 2018 LC
Been liked: 1 time
Wales

Autocom

Post by jjwill »

The Spa unit on my 2018 RT is working intermittently.  I have spoken to Autcom to ask if they know anyone in SW London who can look at it but they have no dealers.  Does anyone know of someone who can help me?
Thanks
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 332 times
Great Britain

Re: Autocom

Post by David. »

jjwill wrote:Does anyone know of someone who can help me?
Chainspeed, https://chainspeed.co.uk/about-us/ might be able to help, I understand that Sam used to work for Autocom.
jjwill
Wales

Post by jjwill »

Thanks David. I am hoping for someone around the London area. If nothing materialises I will speak to Sam.
beemerboy9
Bike Model and Year: 1250RT 2019
Been liked: 16 times
Great Britain

Post by beemerboy9 »

jjwill wrote: Thanks David. I am hoping for someone around the London area. If nothing materialises I will speak to Sam.

If you can get hold of Sam, then fine. Tom, his son is now running Chainspeed, and they are no longer installing.

Autocom have a very helpful chap on the support desk called Ryan. I would suggest a telephone call to him would be a good start - and Autocom can repair stuff.

The problem could be with a duff headset, extension lead, a duff main unit or interconnect wire.

I install my own Autocom hardware and am located in North London near Jct 24 of the M25. I have a lot of spare parts as well.

You can give me a call if you want to chat about it. 07764-589734 after 8.40 tonight or tomorrow during the day.
John Bentall
jjwill
Wales

Post by jjwill »

John. I hope you got my PM.
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 332 times
Great Britain

Post by David. »

Recently wanted to purchase a replacement Autocom 2134 Straight headset extension lead. It appears that this lead is "Out of Stock" or "discontinued". Ended up speaking to Tom at Chainspeed and ordering a 2138 Coiled lead.

When you phone Autocom, the call is just directed to voice mail. There was some suggestion that Autocom are difficult to get hold of and may not be continuing to fully support their existing customers. Has anyone heard similar comments or had recent dealings with Autocom.

It would be nice to know, as I for one, wish to continue to use Autocom for Sat. Nav. voice prompts to in helmet speakers, thank you.
DavidMcK

Post by DavidMcK »

The world has changed guys.  I used Autocom from about 2003-2017 on about six motorcycles, then I got a Shoei Neotech II helmet with a Sena SRL intercom.

The difference is staggering, everything works, no cables and no problems with leads etc.
beemerboy9
Bike Model and Year: 1250RT 2019
Been liked: 16 times
Great Britain

Post by beemerboy9 »

David. wrote: Recently wanted to purchase a replacement Autocom 2134 Straight headset extension lead. It appears that this lead is "Out of Stock" or "discontinued". Ended up speaking to Tom at Chainspeed and ordering a 2138 Coiled lead.

When you phone Autocom, the call is just directed to voice mail. There was some suggestion that Autocom are difficult to get hold of and may not be continuing to fully support their existing customers. Has anyone heard similar comments or had recent dealings with Autocom.

It would be nice to know, as I for one, wish to continue to use Autocom for Sat. Nav. voice prompts to in helmet speakers, thank you.

Hi David,

I am still getting a full and complete service from Autocom. They recently ran a diagnostic check on a unit for me when my trial-and-error methods didn't bring conclusive results.

As for the straight cables, they're not in great demand compared to the coiled ones. A new unit is supplied with coiled cables, so folk are replacing like with like.

Regards,

John

John Bentall