Can you order a previous year RT model?

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Tom_Krupp

Can you order a previous year RT model?

Post by Tom_Krupp »

I noticed on the BMW website that you can currently order both the 2020 and 2021 RT models. I wonder if this is true or a website mistake.

Has anyone ordered a previous year model and had the order fulfilled by the BMW factory in Berlin?
beemerboy9
Bike Model and Year: 1250RT 2019
Been liked: 16 times
Great Britain

Re: Can you order a previous year RT model?

Post by beemerboy9 »

Which country website are you referring to that allows ordering of the previous model year?

If you can find a dealer that can actually order a 2020 model at hte current time, please let me know as I would be very interested.
John Bentall
Tom_Krupp

Post by Tom_Krupp »

I have not yet talked to a dealer.
https://configurator.bmwmotorcycles.com
beemerboy9
Bike Model and Year: 1250RT 2019
Been liked: 16 times
Great Britain

Post by beemerboy9 »

Tom_Krupp wrote: I have not yet talked to a dealer.
https://configurator.bmwmotorcycles.com
Thanks for the link to the USA website. The 2020 model does not feature on our UK website (or the German website).

You might well be able to find a 2020 model from unsold stock in the USA - ask your dealer to search. The Berlin factory would not be able to build a new 2020 model.

I would expect unsold 2020 stock to be allocated to employees of BMW USA as staff bikes.
John Bentall
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

We have just ordered a new 1250 for our blood bike group, we tried to get a 2020 model as we din't really want the TFT, but there are none available.
wbunning

Post by wbunning »

beemerboy9 wrote:

You might well be able to find a 2020 model from unsold stock in the USA - ask your dealer to search. The Berlin factory would not be able to build a new 2020 model.

I would expect unsold 2020 stock to be allocated to employees of BMW USA as staff bikes.

I just purchased a 2020 from my local dealer here in California in late May 2021. As of this writing he still has one more in stock. I’ve seen a few others advertised by dealers on CycleTrader.com, an online resource for new and used bikes.

Tom_Krupp

Post by Tom_Krupp »

I did not know that Cycle Trader listed new dealer bikes. This is exactly what I needed. Thanks!