GOT IT

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Maz12

Re: GOT IT

Post by Maz12 »

At the risk of sounding stupid...  What's an alpine unit.?
Did you put play lists on the flash card? 
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Sorry, its the make of the audio unit under the pillion seat.  If you want to load music onto a memory card you must do it in MP3 format. Plug it into the cable in the locker and put the audio unit onto USB. You can then select how you want it to play back and the dash will display what's playing.  You can skip or go back tracks using the wheel. PS Its going to pee down tomorrow but there is always another day 
Maz12

Post by Maz12 »

I thought the rain was for the south of the country..  Back to work Tues but I have 4 days holiday to take before Xmas. (Oh to have school holidays)
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Maz12 wrote: I thought the rain was for the south of the country..  Back to work Tues but I have 4 days holiday to take before Xmas. (Oh to have school holidays)
I was hoping we might get a report on its weather protection today.  Supposed to be better than its predecessor.
jjwill
Bike Model and Year: RT 2018 LC
Been liked: 1 time
Wales

Post by jjwill »

I have just got my new 1200RT having been waiting since June.  It was due to be delivered to me on the day of the recall.  In UK we only get GBP500 as recompense for the delay.
I previously had a Pan and fitted an autocom unit which was hard wired to my Zumo 550 and an Autocom BTM02 Bluetooth Dongle for my telephone.  Both Autocom and the BMW dealer told me that this could be done on the 2014 RT model so I bought a new Spa system but now they have said it cannot be fitted and I need to buy a new helmet as the radio, satnav (BMW's own) and telephone can only be mated via bluetooth. 

If anyone has any thoughts I would me most grateful for some help.  Thanks.

BTW love the new ride.
Maz12

Post by Maz12 »

I have the autocom spa2 on my new RT,  It was previously on my old RT and my dealers swapped it over for me.
The only extra thing I had to buy was the autocom switch so I could swap between bike speakers or autocom headset..  As far as I'm aware the Bluetooth dongle BT-02 thingy is for connecting to your phone?
I'm still waiting for a extension cable before I can test it properly,  RTman10 is the guy to ask as his knowledge is way beyond mine
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

jjwill wrote: I have just got my new 1200RT having been waiting since June.  It was due to be delivered to me on the day of the recall.  In UK we only get GBP500 as recompense for the delay.
I previously had a Pan and fitted an autocom unit which was hard wired to my Zumo 550 and an Autocom BTM02 Bluetooth Dongle for my telephone.  Both Autocom and the BMW dealer told me that this could be done on the 2014 RT model so I bought a new Spa system but now they have said it cannot be fitted and I need to buy a new helmet as the radio, satnav (BMW's own) and telephone can only be mated via bluetooth. 

If anyone has any thoughts I would me most grateful for some help.  Thanks.

BTW love the new ride.
Your dealer is very wrong.  Just read through this thread.  With the Autocom wired to the audio unit it works brilliantly. I cannot believe your dealer hasn't fitted one to a 1600 in the last 3 years.  Who are they. I wound love to give them a ring.
Last edited by guest2360 on Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jjwill
Bike Model and Year: RT 2018 LC
Been liked: 1 time
Wales

Post by jjwill »

Hi RTman10.  Vines of Guildford have advised that as it is a Limbus circuit it cannot be done.  They say they have spoken to BMW technical who have confirmed.  Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks Maz12.  Which dealer fitted your Autocom.  Maybe Vines can speak to them.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

jjwill wrote: Hi RTman10.  Vines of Guildford have advised that as it is a Limbus circuit it cannot be done.  They say they have spoken to BMW technical who have confirmed.  Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks Maz12.  Which dealer fitted your Autocom.  Maybe Vines can speak to them.
They are telling porkies.  Autocom power is taken from the back of the accessory socket. And the connection with the audio unit can be taken from the unit itself or the speakers.  There are hundreds of 1600s running around with them fitted and they are Limbs.  Mine have always been done by Pidcocks 
STeinar

Post by STeinar »

From what I have seen - the radio unit is the same as on the K1600 - Alpine.
On this unit there is cables going to the speakers - and there should be no problem to tap into there as on the K1600.
IF the radio unit is mounted - there has to cables going into the loudspeakers  ;)

NB! Remember to use a isolating cable - to the intercom unit !

STeinar
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

STeinar wrote: From what I have seen - the radio unit is the same as on the K1600 - Alpine.
On this unit there is cables going to the speakers - and there should be no problem to tap into there as on the K1600.
IF the radio unit is mounted - there has to cables going into the loudspeakers  ;)

NB! Remember to use a isolating cable - to the intercom unit !

STeinar
You are correct, its the same unit.  The bike itself is not much more than a 1600 with only 2 cylinders and minus 100 kgs
STeinar

Post by STeinar »

Color codes for the wires coming out of the Alpine unit:
Left spkr + =yellow w/ brown stripe. Connect to black wire of audio cable
Left spkr - = yellow w/ red stripe. Connect to white gnd of audio cable
Right spkr + =blue w/ brown stripe. Connect to red wire of audio cable
Right spkr - = blue w/ red stripe. Connect to white gnd of audio cable

[attach=1]

[attach=2]
Attachments
Audio-Wires.jpg