CORRECTIONS of OP. Cheap replacement plastic throttle body pulleys

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
jackronner
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 9 times
United States of America

CORRECTIONS of OP. Cheap replacement plastic throttle body pulleys

Post by jackronner »

Just had the bits pictured below successfully put on my 2009 RT as provided by Bing https://www.bingcarburetor.com/throttlebodies.html.  They're distributors for Bing (the manufacturer of the BMW throttle bodies) in the US, Canada, S. America and Australia. I guess the Brit Brethren can inquire directly at Bing in Germany.  Apparently, BMW doesn't sell them separately and make you buy a new throttle body for $713 each - and don't even show them I believe in the parts diagrams.  The only difficulty was that they don't classify them by the BMW part number that is visible on the attachment flange without removing tupperware, but use the designation on the other side of the flange.  My 2009 bodies are BMW part numbers 13547685323 for the left, and . . .5324 for the right, and they took their 77-47 as shown on their website.

Only $21 apiece!  They're also plastic, but only one tenth the price of metal after-market ones, and fit right on the bike with no drilling or extra dowels, so cheaper service fees also.  If you're going to do it yourself, they offer it for $59 each with the butterfly shaft already affixed (which might be the trickiest part)I figure they'll last me for another 50k miles. I'm about to order a spare pair to carry on the bike, to avoid the $1000 in towing and rental truck costs when mine broke in the desert 500 miles from home.  You might want to look into them if you have an older bike like mine.  Just so you know.

Last edited by jackronner on Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 333 times
Great Britain

Re: Cheap replacement parts for (often) failed plastic throttle body pulleys

Post by David. »

For future reference, this thread contains more detail of what is being discussed, viewtopic.php?t=2 (Ignore the misleading title).