Hello!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Fourbears
Been liked: 5 times
Great Britain

Hello!

Post by Fourbears »

I have just bitten the bullet and bought a 2016 RT. It will be quite different to my previous bike from a well known UK manufacturer! Cruise, keyless, riding modes are all new to me as I only had ABS! Anything to be aware of?
gogs01

Re: Hello!

Post by gogs01 »

You don’t say which Triumph you’re changing from but, if it’s smaller than a 1200, you may find the weight of the RT an issuen my opinion, there is nothing to be afraid of if it has been well cared for. 
Make sure everything works, particularly electric / electronic things. 
Cruise control is excellent, keyless is extremely convenient, especially if you have panniers and the BMW top case.  Most people seem  to be fascinated with riding modes but, after a short period of trial and error, I was rarely out of “road”.
Good luck with the new bike, I will be surprised if you don’t come to love it.
My 4th R1200RT = 2016 (2017 MY) R1200RT LE
Fourbears
Great Britain

Post by Fourbears »

I’m coming from a Tiger 1050 so not that much difference in weight. That carries its weight quite high so the RT is lower CoG.
sakm
Administrator
Bike Model and Year: 2016 R1200RT
Has liked: 436 times
Been liked: 388 times
Great Britain

Post by sakm »

Just got myself a 2016 model too with all the bells and whistles but I came from a big Jap company!

I had the FJR1300

The RT is lightyears ahead in my opinion
Steve398
Bike Model and Year: R1200RTLC, 2018
Has liked: 261 times
Been liked: 218 times
Isle of Wight

Post by Steve398 »

When I changed across to my 2018 RT from 11 years on a Pan European in December the biggest change, and challenge, was the multitude of menu/settings options.

I know it's all in the handbook but sometimes the BM-speak is more confusing than trying a hit or miss method, happily I had a friend who has exactly the same year/model as mine so he was always convenient for advice.

Your profile doesn't give a location, but it may be worth getting advice in person if there's anyone local. Failing that I can't believe that someone hasn't asked every question that you're ever likely to have, so try the search on the sections.

Enjoy and have fun

Steve
David and Sally
Bike Model and Year: 2020 R1250RT LE
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 16 times
Great Britain

Post by David and Sally »

Welcome.
Old-Git

Post by Old-Git »

Check that the shaft has been lubed on the splines, and the exhaust flap is working OK, other than that, get out and ride / enjoy.
Fourbears
Great Britain

Post by Fourbears »

Well it has everything apart from the radio by the looks of things and i bought it from a BMW dealer. I’ll ask them to check the splines and the flaps as it is being serviced by them as part of the approved used scheme. As it doesn’t have the radio does it have Bluetooth? I assumed it didn’t.
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Fourbears wrote: Well it has everything apart from the radio by the looks of things and i bought it from a BMW dealer. I’ll ask them to check the splines and the flaps as it is being serviced by them as part of the approved used scheme. As it doesn’t have the radio does it have Bluetooth? I assumed it didn’t.

Welcome. No radio no bluetooth. You only need bluetooth to connect to the bike. If no radio you connect to the Nav and phone to Nav
hammo
Bike Model and Year: 2019 1250rtle
Been liked: 20 times
Great Britain

Post by hammo »

welcome to the forum , you will be chuffed with the bike thats for sure !!!!!
Fourbears
Great Britain

Post by Fourbears »

No Bluetooth is fine as I’m used to using the sat nav. Just got to wait for the Italian 3D company to have the RT Garmin XT adapter back in stock so I can mount it without too much trouble.