turn signals not self canceling

Having Problems with your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT? or have some Maintenance and Service questions?
oldtraveler

turn signals not self canceling

Post by oldtraveler »

Actually I have 2 Problems and may have caused them both . 1st the turn signals quit self canceling and  i cant get the mph to come up on my display.I was trying to get ny blue tooth set up must have hit some wrong option somewhere and these 2 issues apeared
Tony Walstrom
Hors Piste

Re: turn signals not self canceling

Post by Hors Piste »

According to the FM, which I took the trouble to read for you:-

Background: displayed if the
radio is switched off: Empty:
off, Logo: logo (RT), Speed
ind.: digital speed.
Use the Multi-Controller to
configure the desired settings

There doesn't appear to be a setting for the indicators, although their self-cancelling behaviour depends on how you operate them.  Are you sure it doesn't work at all?
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Also, you can't set the speed as a display whilst moving, the option is only there when stopped. As already stated, the self cancelling is set in the UK seems less than 300 yards, but take into account lean angle, speed etc. Best bet, try it on a dual carriageway or motorway to see if the straight line cancel is working
oldtraveler

Post by oldtraveler »

i found the answer to both my issues  1st turn signals . To get only 5 flashes when changing lanes you must be above 65 MPH ( quick push)  other wise it flashes 20 times before canceling. Digital speedometer display is under user in menu.Next time  I will search better. Thanks for replies
Tony Walstrom