New member and getting back into riding

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Backofbeyond
Been liked: 2 times

New member and getting back into riding

Post by Backofbeyond »

Hello folks, looking to get back into riding after a few years away from it. I have had my eye on an RT for years but always thought it was a grown up bike, now time has moved on and I think its time. I am based in the west of Scotland with some great roads around me, new member too, cheers Paul
California Dreamin

Re: New member and getting back into riding

Post by California Dreamin »

Dive in.  New owner of 2018 R1200RT for one month now with 1,500 miles logged.  As a newbie, I was most caught off guard by the deceptive speed of the RT.  In terms of my expectations, it has exceeded everything I thought it was going to be.  Great combo of performance and comfort.       
Talisker
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT LE 2020
Been liked: 2 times
Great Britain

Post by Talisker »

Hi Paul, There are very few on here who would have a bad word to say about the RT.  I include myself in their number.  Buy with confidence and enjoy the glorious roads in the west.  Best regards from the east.  :D
beemerboy9
Bike Model and Year: 1250RT 2019
Been liked: 16 times
Great Britain

Post by beemerboy9 »

Backofbeyond wrote: Hello folks, looking to get back into riding after a few years away from it. I have had my eye on an RT for years but always thought it was a grown up bike, now time has moved on and I think its time. I am based in the west of Scotland with some great roads around me, new member too, cheers Paul

Welcome.  It is a wonderful to feel that one has "grown up".

Some experience this sooner than others....
John Bentall