RTLC Rider footrest lowering kit from Amazon.co.uk

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
Steve398
Bike Model and Year: R1200RTLC, 2018
Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 230 times
Isle of Wight

Re: RTLC Rider footrest lowering kit from Amazon.co.uk

Post by Steve398 »

I would strongly suggest it's a straight CNC copy because I can't see Wunderlich being happy about being undercut by their own manufacturing company.

However with the amount of stuff produced in China for other companies nowadays who knows? I have a faithfully copied Chinese fender extender that cost me about £25 instead of £59, all that's missing is the sticker.
Steve398
Bike Model and Year: R1200RTLC, 2018
Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 230 times
Isle of Wight

Post by Steve398 »

Fitted yesterday, because the kit includes a different mount for the rear brake it has the effect of lowering that too so no appreciable difference on operation. Gear change adjusted with no real problem.

First ride out today, nothing fell off or broke.  Minor adjustment to gear change but it all felt natural and good.
burridge01
Bike Model and Year: Modified "16" R1200RT
Been liked: 192 times
Great Britain

Post by burridge01 »

I eventually got round to fitting mine yesterday, perfect fit.The hardest part was getting the right side pin out,it was in there very tight.Not been out with them fitted but can see I'm going to have to extend the levers some how.
Thanks to Steve for the link and putting up the video, was really helpfull👍