Front turn signal wiring

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Arvin

Front turn signal wiring

Post by Arvin »

I am trying to install a set of Skene Photon Blaster lights with turn signal functionality on my 2019 R1250RT.  I have tapped into both power and ground on the front auxiliary/DIN connector under the right front fairing. My skene controller has wires to tap into my front turn signals and this would enable the photon blasters to also function as turn signals. Where can I find a wiring harness on the front of the bike to tap into both wires for the right and left turn signals.  I cannot find a wiring diagram.  I would appreciate any assistance from this group. Thank you.
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 332 times
Great Britain

Re: Front turn signal wiring

Post by David. »

Found a thread on BMWLT for a 2018 R1200RT.

Q. Does anyone know, the location and wire colour to tap for front turn signals.

A. If you look behind the speakers you can easily find the plugs for the front turn signals. Unplug them and you can find the colour of the wires.
Arvin

Post by Arvin »

Thank you for the reply.

I was hoping to locate a common wire bundle or plug location (hopefully on the right side of the bike) that I could tap into the turn signals together.  If I have to run a wire behind each front speaker, then I will have to make wire extension and remove a lot more of the body panels.

Anyone else installed the Skene lights on the front with turn signal function on a 2019 RT?

I have successfully installed the Skene P3 on the rear and tapped into the turn signal wires at the plug on the rear light bundle. 
vermigli
Bike Model and Year: R 1250 RT 2024
United States of America

Post by vermigli »

Hi, did you ever find the wiring bundle on the front right side? I am attempting the same project this weekend.