Balancing your own Tires

Having Problems with your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT? or have some Maintenance and Service questions?
heynez

Balancing your own Tires

Post by heynez »

Most people don't bother with balancing their own tires but for a person that rides all year round, it's a thing that you do. I hate calling up a dealer and them saying that they are too busy and it'll be a week or so before they can get to it. Not cool. And since the BMW has a unique rear rim you are stuck with it.

I asked this question a while back on this forum and I wanted to give an update. Levisp gave me the below information and I can't tell you how easy it is to use. Thanks Levisp.

So if you are looking to try balancing your own tires, I recommend the below link.

[size=2px]Looks like you are in the USA so here is another balancer to consider.[/size][size=2px][size=2px][size=2px][size=2px]http://www.marcparnes.com/BMW_Motorcycle_Wheel_Balancer.htm[/size][size=2px][size=2px]
krw

Re: Balancing your own Tires

Post by krw »

I do the same with a no-mar balancer for the same reason - its a hassle getting them done at a shop.  Send me a set of new hoops and I'm mounted, balanced, and riding in a couple of hours.